Job ID: NC-642319 (98790107)
ServiceNow Network Engineer (CCNA) with Discovery, Cisco LAN and TCP/UDP experience
Location: Raleigh, NC(NCDOT)
Duration: 12+ months
Interview :Either Webcam Interview or In Person
ServiceNow Discovery implementation for large complex environments Required 3 Years
Knowledge of ServiceNow fundamentals Required 3 Years
Hands on experience troubleshooting ServiceNow Discovery Required 4 Years
Hands on senior knowledge of and experience with implementing & supporting current Cisco LAN switching products Required 5 Years
Senior level knowledge of TCP/IP networking, IP subnetting, and networking technologies. Highly desired 5 Years
Senior level troubleshooting skillset related to LAN and WAN technologies including capturing and analyzing packet level data Highly desired 5 Years
‘CCNA’ level of networking knowledge to include routing protocols, TCP/UDP transmission, subnetting and IP transit diagnosis Required 3 Years
Network Specialist with advanced skill sets in networking as well as hands on ServiceNow Discovery experience for large complex environments.
***The candidate will be required to work onsite in Raleigh, NC. Some remote work may be allowed, but the candidate needs to work onsite or remotely from Raleigh, NC so that he/she can be onsite as required.
This position is a network specialist, and will support the NCDOT network infrastructure for 500+ locations. This contract position will be primarily tasked and responsible for working with our ServiceNow team to implement the Discovery aspect of ServiceNow. Discovery finds computers, servers, printers, a variety of IP-enabled devices, and the applications that run on them. It can then update the CIs in your CMDB with the data it collects. When not working with the SN team this position will work with the NCDIT-Transportation network team to maintain, configure and troubleshoot the network environment that services DOT and DMV office locations throughout the state.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
* Minimum 5 years of hands-on ServiceNow Discovery implementation experience for large complex environments.
* Knowledge of ServiceNow fundamentals
* Hands-on experience in troubleshooting ServiceNow Discovery
* Intermediate to deep understanding of ServiceNow ITOM portfolio
* CCNA level of networking knowledge to include routing protocols, TCP/UDP transmission, IP transit diagnosis, subnetting and implement advanced troubleshooting including the ability to gather and analyze IP packet level data.
* Hands on senior knowledge of and experience with implementing & supporting current Cisco LAN switching products for access, distribution, core and data center solutions.
* Senior level knowledge of TCP/IP networking, IP subnetting, and networking technologies.
* Senior level troubleshooting skills related to LAN and WAN technologies
* Ability to professionally document network solutions.
– Experience designing, implementing and supporting Cisco products in a data center and field environment.
– Experience in an environment using Cisco ASA firewall solutions