Job ID: TX-70120048 (911690408)
Senior IT Project Manager (25+) with SDLC, Agile and application development project experience
Location: Austin, TX (TEA)
Duration: 4+ months
8 Required Experience required in software application development as a project manager
5 Required Agile software development methodology
25 Preferred Experience required in software application development as a project manager
10 Preferred Agile software development methodology
The Project Manager will report to the Assistant Director of the Information Technology Services (ITS) Program Management Office (PMO). The Project Manager is responsible for delivering vital enterprise software applications/infrastructure used throughout the State of Texas to deliver time-sensitive legislative requirements and support the rapid improvements necessary to align with the agency’s strategic priorities. The ideal candidate will have experience as a senior project manager for a software development team executing the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and have experience working in an education domain. The Project Manager may oversee, direct, assign duties, and evaluate the work of project staff. Also, this individual may coordinate or communicate on project activities with other state agencies, governmental jurisdictions, or private sector partners and contractors. The Project Manager performs highly advanced levels of project management work, works under minimal supervision and has extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This individual will work with a wide range of team members, including senior leadership throughout the agency, and serve as a representative of the ITS.
• Process Consistency: Direct, develop, evaluate, and establish processes used by application project teams to ensure the teams are adhering to procedures consistently and confirm scope and schedule changes are documented, approved, and understood by stakeholders and project team members. Oversee and develop project budgets, schedules, works plans, resource requirements with resource managers, cost estimates, and cost projections. Document and monitor exceptions to standard ITS policies, processes, and best practices.
• Deliverable Quality: Oversees, monitors, and manages the quality of multiple highly complex applications and works to identify continuous improvement measures/root cause and corrective actions. Verifies project deliverables are acceptable, fulfill terms of the team agreements, and are within time and budget. May oversee the deliverables of contract work.
• Customer Satisfaction: Communicates routinely to management, customers, project team members, and other stakeholders, actively soliciting and addressing customer and project team feedback.
• Leadership: Responsible for problem management, issue resolution, and risk identification and mitigation, while empowering and motivating the team to have a sense of ownership over the application. Establish and manage a cross-functional team.
• Vision: Articulates a clear view (current and future) of the application to the executive management team, customers, and project team. Evaluate enterprise-level projects on defining and meeting strategic goals and objectives for projects; coordinate the initiation and planning of diverse projects to meet application and technology roadmap commitments. Balance and articulate the effort of the functionality with the value for the ITS applications.