Job id : MI-577530 (98591009)
Security Engineer (CISSP) with network, Bro/ Suricata/ Sourcefire/ Snort/ Wireshark, SANS and Incident Response Experience
Location: 7150 Harris Dr, Dimondale, MI 48821 (DTMB-MCS)
Duration: 12 months
Interview – In Person
Years of Experience:
5 or more years of experience in the field.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
In-depth knowledge of security monitoring and incident response Required 2 Years
Knowledge of conducting security investigations. Required 2 Years
Experience with using and customizing SIEM products. Desired 2 Years
Solid understanding of network protocols and architecture. Required 2 Years
Demonstrated experience with performing incident response using industry leading tools. Required 2 Years
Experience with network intrusion detection and analysis tools such as Bro, Suricata, Sourcefire, Snort and Wireshark. Required 2 Years
Demonstrated experience operating information security tools is required. Required 2 Years
Understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures of advanced attackers Required 2 Years
SANS Training Desired
3-5years of experience in Security Operations and Incident Response. Required 3 Years
• Member of the Michigan Security Operations Center (MiSOC) and will focus on Incident Response.
• Identify security issues and risks associated with security events and manage the incident response process.
• Participate in the incident response and investigation process for identified security events.
• Use the Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) platform (IBM’s QRadar) to perform Incident Response identification and response.
• Perform network and system forensics in response to security incidents.
• Optimize and customize security-monitoring tools to improve detection.
• Hunt for signs of APT activities.
• Maintain and update the security operational workflow.