Job ID: TX-53018008 (910090501)
Security Architect (CISSP/CISA/CISM/CRISC/PMP) with PM, ITIL, risk, legal, ethics, security and system engineering experience
Location: Austin TX
Duration: 5-17 months
5 Experience in multiple architectural domains; with familiarity of all domains
5 Extensive experience in designing and implementing IT service management standards, tools, and methodologies
5 Experience with project management techniques, monitoring, coordination, and results measurement
Expert Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and/or systems engineering.
Strong Working knowledge in planning, recommending, and managing IT Enterprise architecture frameworks
Strong Working knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework to establish an IT Service Management environment
Strong Working knowledge of IT strategic planning
Strong Skills in critical analysis, decision making, and ability to think and act strategically and proactively
Strong Working knowledge of IT fiscal management, risk management, and IT legal, ethics, and security matters
Strong Communications Skills including written and verbal skills
Strong Ability to develop recommendations and presentations suited for various levels of leadership and decision makers
Strong Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to information security, privacy, and computer crime.
Degree Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology security or related field
ITIL Expert-Level Certifications (any version)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
Master’s degree in related field.
The Department of Family and Protective Services seeks multiple enterprise/system architects to build an overall and comprehensive view of the organization’s business strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets. This information will be used to align the business and information technology directions. The workers (enterprise/system architects) will drive standards and common approaches and expose information and processes across the enterprise. The workers (enterprise/system architects) will develop and document the overall information technology standards and develop and oversee the direction of the enterprise architecture domains, including Business, Data, Applications, Security, and Technology. The workers (enterprise/system architects) will develop comprehensive plans for each of the enterprise domains supporting the transition from the current technology environments to the approved future state. The workers will report to the DFPS ISO and Director of Enterprise Architecture.
Essential Job Tasks include the following:
• Development and implementation of DFPS information technology standards and architecture
• Supports the development and implementation of the IT enterprise roadmap for an enterprise architecture domain and component technologies, services, and standards
• Identifies, analyzes, and prepares mitigation strategies for risks related to the DFPS information technology environments
• Provides analysis and consultation to CIO/IRM, CTO, and agency leadership on key technology issues affecting the agency
• Participates in planning, policy development, budget discussions, and problem resolution efforts to support and maintain the IT information technology environments
• Recommends and develops policies, procedures and practices in concert with the Information Security Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and the Chief Information Officer related enterprise architecture framework and security.
• Ensure the enterprise architecture plan supports the IT security policies and direction.
Other Special Requirements:
• Candidates selected for interviews must be available for face to face interviews.
• Candidates selected for interviews will be asked to provide two writing samples of work projects related to this role.