Job ID: NC-635867 (98690914)
Security Analyst with SIEM, IPS/IDS, EDR, Encryption, Cryptography, e-Discovery , NIST, PCI DSS, FERPA, GLBA and HIPAA experience
Location: Fayetteville, NC (FTCC) *** USC/GC ONLY ***
Duration: 3 months
Interview: Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Two years of working in an IT computer field required Required 2 Years
Three years of hands-on technical experience in the information security field Required 3 Years
Demonstrated technical expertise in leveraging security tools and optimizing best practices is required Required 3 Years
Experience with good technical writing and the development of policies and procedural documentation Required 3 Years
Administration, integration skills, networking and database fundamentals are a plus Highly desired 2 Years
Ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks, completing them accurately and in a timely manner Highly desired 2 Years
Principles of Client Server technologies Highly desired 2 Years
VMWare Virtual Infrastructure Highly desired 2 Years
Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, and LDAP Required 3 Years
SIEM Highly desired 2 Years
IPS/IDS Highly desired 2 Years
EDR Highly desired 2 Years
Encryption Highly desired 2 Years
Cryptography Highly desired 2 Years
e-Discovery Highly desired 2 Years
All operating systems – Windows, Linux, MacOS, etc Required 2 Years
Identify common vulnerabilities and related attack vectors and risks Required 3 Years
State government rules and regulations is helpful Desired 2 Years
NIST 800-171, 800-53 Desired 2 Years
PCI DSS Required 2 Years
FERPA Required 2 Years
GLBA Required 1 Years
HIPAA Desired 2 Years
**FTCC staff are all back onsite full time. The person in this role will be expected to work onsite from day one.
**THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM POSITION. After the initial contract engagement the manager would like to hire the contractor full time. Fayetteville Tech Community College is not able to offer sponsorship for the full time role. Only candidates available to work full time without sponsorship will be considered for this position.
To provide technical implementations and daily monitoring of the College’s complex IT environment in accordance with best practices and standards such as NIST 800-171, 800-53, PCI DSS, FERPA, GLBA, HIPAA, etc. This position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving. Duties are performed with little supervision and require initiative and judgment.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Receives direction from the Associate Vice President for MIS.
Exercises direct supervision over Cloud Systems Analyst.
Essential Duties- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
-Provide expert subject matter services for security solutions to assist the campus community.
-Provide subject matter expertise on security automation.
-Monitors and investigates events through complex systems.
-Develop, document, and validate policies, processes and/or procedures relating to a variety of security concepts and standards.
-Develop security metrics. Applies technical knowledge to be a resource for all areas of the College community on implementation of applications, security tools and solutions (Cloud, hosted, on-premise, SaaS, PaaS, etc.).
– Generates operational reports for actionable findings, follows incident response flow chart to determine level of severity.
– Forensically investigates and provides written technical reports to the response team to inform progress and findings of appropriate actions.
– Monitors security communication channels to align best practices to reduce risk and vulnerabilities to the College.
– Work with vendors to obtain security assessments through software monitoring tools to reduce risk and vulnerabilities to the College.
– Assist with the project development stages of organization, design, implementation, maintenance and analysis. Provide leadership in selection training of software applications.
– Coordinate on-demand, interactive, engaging cybersecurity training campaigns combined with simulated social engineering attacks through email, phone and text.
– Establishes, cultivates, and maintains effective working relationships with internal partners and external constituencies, managing outreach to key partners and leveraging these relationships to best support the seamless execution of admission events.
– Works with the leadership of the college to develop innovative solutions in an effort to improve the educational experience of students.
– Frequently required to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, and walk.
– Occasionally required to climb stairs.
– Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
– Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel object, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
– Hear Audible equipment indicators and verbal communications in the environment.
– Must see with sufficient close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception; and focus adjustment to differentiate light/color intensity and evaluation of perceivable changes in the environment.
– Perform related duties as assigned.
Proven technical experience in solving complex security issues involving IT environments.
Identify common vulnerabilities and related attack vectors and risks
Networking concepts and server administration.
State government rules and regulations is helpful.
Troubleshooting, problem-solving techniques and repair techniques.
Track-IT or similar ticket tracking system.
The following or similar technologies: SIEM, IPS/IDS, EDR, Linux, encryption, cryptography, e-Discovery, etc.
Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, and LDAP.
Principles of Client Server technologies and VMWare Virtual Infrastructure.
Read, interpret and apply complex technical manuals, publications, and other documents.
Analyze and interpret data to identify problems and possible solutions.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Develop solutions to automate security tools and process.
Identify risks, vulnerabilities and remediate immediately to reduce exposure.
Coordinate with multiple vendors and develop solutions for potential issues.
To interpret, write and apply IT security policies and procedures.
Maintain an effective working relationship the College community.
Ability to effectively work with a wide variety of people.
Interpret, write MIS and apply College policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Plan, organize and prioritize work with a minimal amount of supervision.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Experience and Training Guidelines
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Two years of working in an IT computer field required. Three years of hands-on technical experience in the information security field.
Demonstrated technical expertise in leveraging security tools and optimizing best practices is required. Experience with good technical writing and the development of policies and procedural documentation is a must. Knowledge of administration, integration skills, networking and database fundamentals are a plus. Ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks, completing them accurately and in a timely manner.
Training & Certifications:
A Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred from an accredited College or University in information security, computer technology, computer science, or related field.
GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials – is preferred
CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional – is highly preferred
CISM: Certified Information Security Manager – is preferred
CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker – is preferred
CompTIA: Security+ – is preferred