Job ID: NC-635789 (95091005)
Security Analyst with SIEM, IPS/IDS, EDR, Encryption, Cryptography, e-Discovery , NIST, PCI DSS, FERPA, GLBA and HIPAA experience
Location: Fayetteville, NC (FTCC) (Only GC/USC)
Duration: 3 months
Interview: Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Two years of working in an IT computer field required Required 2 Years
Three years of hands-on technical experience in the cloud administration Required 3 Years
Demonstrated technical expertise in leveraging cloud concepts and optimizing best practices is required Required 3 Years
Experience with Windows server/Linux administration in a platform is a must Required 3 Years
Office 365 administration is required Required 3 Years
Proven technical methods in solving cloud issues involving IT environments Required 3 Years
Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN) and server database administration (MS SQL, My SQL). Required 2 Years
The following or similar technologies: Azure, AWS, Google, Office 365, VMWare, Cloud Essentials, etc. Required 3 Years
Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, and LDAP Highly desired 2 Years
Information Technology Security concepts and best practices Highly desired 2 Years
Client Server technologies and VMWare/Hypervisors Virtual Infrastructure Highly desired 2 Years
Ticket tracking system Highly desired 2 Years
Database concepts, installations, best practices Highly desired 2 Years
NIST 800-171, 800-53 Highly desired 2 Years
PCI DSS Highly desired 2 Years
FERPA Required 2 Years
GLBA Highly desired 2 Years
HIPAA Highly desired 2 Years
Identify risks, vulnerabilities and remediate immediately to reduce exposure. Required 3 Years
**FTCC staff are all back onsite full time. The person in this role will be expected to work ONSITE FIVE DAYS A WEEK FROM THE START OF THIS ENGAGEMENT.
**THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM POSITION. After the initial contract engagement the manager would like to hire the contractor full time. Fayetteville Tech Community College is not able to offer sponsorship for the full time role. Only candidates available to work full time without sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Must have the ability to development, test, evaluate, and maintain multi-tiered production environments on and off premise. Expertise to include the best security practices and standards such as NIST 800-171, 800-53, PCI DSS, FERPA, GLBA, HIPAA, etc. This position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving. Duties are performed with little supervision and require initiative and judgment.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Receives direction from the Information Technology (IT) Security Engineer.
Essential Duties- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Provide expert subject matter services for all cloud services including but not limited to: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google, etc.
– Provide subject matter expertise on cloud automation and security.
– Install, operate, maintain and upgrade Microsoft, Linux, and VMware hosts.
– Installs operating system software, patches, and upgrades within cloud environment.
– Works with IT leadership to design new cloud infrastructure plans and services.
– Develop, document, and validate policies, processes and/or procedures relating to a variety of cloud concepts and standards.
– Analyzes systems performance to identify potential opportunities for improvement in areas such as the virtualized environments, hardware infrastructure, backup and archive systems, data storage environment, and cloud environment systems and services.
– Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve instance, software, and network related cloud issues.
– Develop cloud security metrics. Applies technical knowledge to be a resource for all areas of the College community on implementation of applications, security tools and solutions.
– Assist in the design, installation, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of the College’s disaster recovery processes.
– Works along-side IT security analyst and other MIS staff to properly setup and maintain cloud applications free of risks and vulnerabilities.
– Work with 3rd party cloud vendors to obtain security assessments through software monitoring tools to reduce risk and vulnerabilities to the College.
– Assist with the project development stages of organization, design, implementation, maintenance and analysis.
– Establishes, cultivates, and maintains effective working relationships with internal partners and external constituencies, managing outreach to key partners and leveraging these relationships to best support the seamless execution of admission events.
– Occasionally required to perform maintenance activities and/or respond to emergencies outside the scope of a “normal” working day, 8 am to 5 pm.
– Frequently required to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, and walk.
– Occasionally required to climb stairs.
– Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
– Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel object, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
– Hear Audible equipment indicators and verbal communications in the environment.
– Must see with sufficient close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception; and focus adjustment to differentiate light/color intensity and evaluation of perceivable changes in the environment.
– Perform related duties as assigned.
Proven technical methods in solving cloud issues involving IT environments.
Microsoft and Linux server based Operating Systems and Hypervisors.
Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN) and server database administration (MS SQL, My SQL).
State government rules and regulations.
Troubleshooting, problem-solving techniques and repair techniques.
Database concepts, installations, best practices.
Track-IT or similar ticket tracking system.
The following or similar technologies: Azure, AWS, Google, Office 365, VMWare, Cloud Essentials, etc.
Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, and LDAP.
Information Technology Security concepts and best practices.
Principles of Client Server technologies and VMWare Virtual Infrastructure.
Quickly and efficiently, identify and resolve technical issues.
Maintain and manage an extensive cloud electronic mail system.
Develop solutions to cloud automated tools and processes.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of cloud server vetting and patching.
Identify risks, vulnerabilities and remediate immediately to reduce exposure.
Plan, organize and prioritize work with a minimal amount of supervision
Establish and maintain working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Coordinate with multiple 3rd party cloud vendors and develop solutions for potential risks.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds
Maintain an effective working relationship within the College community.
Interpret, write and apply College policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Experience and Training Guidelines
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Two years of working in an IT computer field required. Three years of hands-on technical experience in the cloud administration.
Demonstrated technical expertise in leveraging cloud concepts and optimizing best practices is required. Experience with Windows server/Linux administration in a platform is a must. Office 365 administration is required. Knowledge of administration, integration skills, networking and database fundamentals are a plus. Azure experience is a plus. Ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks, completing them accurately and in a timely manner.
Training & Certifications:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in computer technology, computer science, information security, or related field.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – is preferred
CompTIA Cloud+ – is preferred
MCSA: Cloud Platform certification – highly preferred
GCP – Google Cloud Platform – is preferred