Job ID: UT-65149 (90090916)
Scrum Master (CSM/CSP) with burndown technologies, bug tracking, .net, OOD, database design and Agile/Scrum experience
Location: Salt Lake City UT (USBE)
Duration: 3 years
1. Degree Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, IT, or education-related field.
2. Certification Candidates must be certified as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
3. Scrum Experience Candidates must demonstrate experience in the Scrum Master role for at least three years with a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices.
4. Effective Communication and Leadership Skills Candidates must demonstrate application of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, and empowerment, and success in gaining respect of team members.
5. Success in Applying Scrum Practices Candidates must demonstrate successful application of various well-documented patterns and techniques, i.e., burndown technologies, various retrospective formats, handling bugs.
6. Knowledge & Expertise in relevant technologies Candidates must demonstrate knowledge and expertise in multiple technologies such as Microsoft .NET, application servers, integration hubs, nTier, database management systems and open source trends; expertise in strong database design and implementation, and clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
7. Communication Candidates must demonstrate the ability to communicate ideas and experience in written and verbal form to both technical and non-technical personnel.
8. Automation Candidate is to demonstrate experience and knowledge in automating software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, and processes.
The Utah State Board of Education IT department is working on a comprehensive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems, referred to as the Utah Schools Information Management System (USIMS). Working for the USBE is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best‐of‐breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base for replacing the current legacy system data collection and associated reporting applications and reports from the ground up.
We are looking for a high‐energy, adaptive team player with a great work ethic to join our Information Technology (IT) team as Scrum Master. The Scrum Master is responsible for enacting change & continuous improvement to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables. By following developed Scrum methodologies, the Scrum Master will coach the team in self-organization and cross-functionality, remove impediments to the team’s progress, facilitate scrum events, ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint work and understand and manage the team’s capacity.
• Organize and lead Scrum ceremonies: daily stand-ups, backlog review, iteration planning, release planning, and retrospectives.
• Support the team in developing the necessary skills and provide guidance on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
• Ensure the team is following best practices and delivering the work they commit to deliver. Mentor and coach the team as needed.
• Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable.
• Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments.
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
• Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support and collaborate with the Product Owner, especially on backlog refinement and maintenance.
• Work with other Scrum Master(s) to ensure dependencies are prioritized appropriately across teams and in participating in community of practices sessions to share best practices.
• Identify minimum viable products (MVPs) and complete in priority order. Leverage data to measure & monitor progress, i.e., Burndown charts. Monitor schedule, cost, performance. Prepare and present reports on progress including challenges and successes to the USIMS Senior Program Manager.