Job ID: NC-570683 (97590910)
SAS Developer DW, Cognos Analytics and healthcare experience
Location: Dix Campus, Raleigh NC (ND Medicaid)
Duration: 12 months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Excellent knowledge of SAS tools (SAS base, SAS MACROS, SAS EG and SAS DI) and experience using to extract data from large, complex data warehouse. Required 5 Years
Demonstrated experience with Cognos Analytics and experience building operational reports, dashboards, and framework models. Required 5 Years
Excellent ability to diagnose, isolate, and resolve complex problems pertaining to data and its infrastructure. Required 5 Years
Strong ability to manage client data requests and/or issues; experienced with discerning requirements for analysis, hands-on design, and development. Required 5 Years
Experience working with Medicaid or healthcare claims data and information. Highly desired
Excellent communication and organizational skills. Able to work effectively with a broad spectrum of constituents. Highly desired
NC Medicaid seeks a Technical Solution Architect to lead and/or support information delivery and data analytic projects and services utilizing Cognos and SAS applications. The candidate will assume a key technical role and work closely with NC Medicaid staff to deliver Cognos and SAS solutions to produce analytical reporting from the NCAnalytics data warehouse. The candidate will report to a NC Medicaid Business Intelligence (BI)Manager. The candidate is expected to work without assistance, provide leadership to others, and manage highly complex work efforts. May have advanced education and/or extensive industry experience.
1) Utilize healthcare data solution architecture experience in Cognos and SAS to propose, develop, and deliver dashboards and operational reporting to improve executive/operational decision making and provide analytical capabilities for the staff.
2) Work with analytics staff to design and enhance framework models which provide accurate information quickly to the organization. Assist with analysis, design, and building of data marts as needed.
3) Train and mentor Business Intelligence staff on use of Cognos Analytics. Create or contribute to an information library or similar format/forum to promote sharing of information with analysts/users within and outside the department.
4) Help establish technical standards. Coordinate between teams to make sure best technology practices are understood and are being followed.
5) Work closely with other staff to identify levels of effort and task dependencies as assigned by the Manager.
6) Conduct code reviews of highly critical code or code which is using new technologies.
7) Develop and maintain appropriate documentation on reports/dashboards/scorecards, during and after the development lifecycle.
8) Maintain communication with customers, internal and external, to facilitate requirements gathering and analysis. Troubleshoot production issues. Ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction with the data integration solutions.
9) Acts as a project lead or team member on multi-team projects and uses advanced skill set to develop, test, troubleshoot, and support BI and reporting-related projects and associated solutions/applications.