Job ID: NY-Cutover (90090525)
SAP S/4 HANA Cutover Lead/PM with SAP S/4 HANA Cutover/Upgrade/Migration Lead/PM data handling, MS Project SharePoint O365 and public finance/affordable housing finance experience
Location: New York NY (NYS HCR)
Duration: 4 months
• A minimum of 15 years’ experience implementing SAP or other ERP systems
• A minimum of 5 cutover projects completed successfully
• Some experience as a developer, a plus
• SAP certifications, a plus
• Microsoft Project and SharePoint O365 and Office proficiency required
• Interest and experience in public finance, particularly affordable housing finance
• Prior experience in government is beneficial, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• An excellent understanding of data structure and data handling best practices
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Ability to quickly learn organizational structure, business strategies and processes
• Ability to impart structure to ambiguity, to create use cases out of homogenous or flat information, to devise appropriate solutions, responses, and approaches
• Proven ability to lead multiple complex workstreams in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to problem solve independently by diagnosing problems and engaging the right stakeholders to determine solutions
• Ability to collaborate cross functionally with various consultants and employees
• Strong training and presentation skills
• Empathy, patience and ability to serve internal customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Experience managing enterprise-wide projects with a geographically diverse implementation team
The Cutover Lead must be able to communicate effectively and:
• Hold regular status meetings with the project team (functional, training, OCM, data)
• Appropriately plan and facilitate meetings leveraging video conferencing, WebEx, and / or conference call lines.
• Schedule meetings with multiple stakeholders with challenging calendars and in various locations, which often requires assisting stakeholders to shift around other meetings to accommodate.
• Present relevant project information to project sponsors and executive staff.
• Deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations.
• Spot, resolve and / or escalate issues in a timely way.
• Ability to communicate difficult / sensitive information tactfully.
HCR, the consortium of New York State housing agencies, is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Cutover Lead (Project Manager) to join our team to help implement an integrated solution composed of a COTS front-office system for its (1) grant making for single-family housing; (2) multifamily housing finance and (3) multifamily asset management/compliance business lines and an ERP for back-office functionality (SAP S/4 HANA 1610). The back-office functionality uses SAP’s Consumer Mortgage Loans, Treasury, Financial Controlling and Accounting, Supplier Relationship Management and Human Capital Management modules.
The position will work to ensure that project is delivered according to a re-planned schedule, scope and budget using best practice project management tools for SAP implementations, including: cutover checklist (in consultation with the five SAP functional teams: Hire to Retire [HCM], Cash to Invest [FSCM/TRM], Offer to Cash Debt & Loans [TRM and CML], Procure to Pay [SRM], and Plan to Report [FI/CO]). The cutover manager will work collaboratively with the existing cutover & risk manager to coordinate remaining work on the cutover plan and with the OCM to ensure external and internal partners have adequate planning around ramp down and ramp up activities. The cutover manager will work with data owners and stewards to ensure that all conversion objects get loaded into the system with the highest degree of accuracy and precision and ensure seamless execution of non-data cutover tasks.
The project is in the final remaining phases of the project, currently in its final round of integration testing and preparation for cutover and go-live.
The Cutover Lead will lead the team and help them both understand and abide by project management best practices: proactive risk identification and management as well as a keen eye for identifying and documenting the critical path to ensure successful execution. The Lead will diagnose problems quickly and devise viable solutions, seeing trends or gaps in cutover and will propose and implement solutions to address root causes. On a day-to-day basis, the team will use SharePoint in Office 365 as a repository for documentation (or Excel for more linear project plan elements, like the cutover plan proper). The Lead should also help execute the shift from old ways of working to collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams in addition to others