Request ID: BL-9584-1 (910091116)
Rhapsody/.Net Developer with HL7, XML, SQL, ASP.net, C#, REST, SOAP, WSDL, LOINC/SNOWMED, JQUERY, AJAX, SVN and CDC/HIPAA/CJIS experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
***This is a State of Emergency Request due to the COVID-19 crisis. Per the amendment to the solicitation, candidates will be shortlisted to the Hiring Manager as they are submitted into Beeline and not held for the 7 days. The Hiring Manager is required to interview a minimum of three candidates but may select a candidate to hire anytime within the 7 days that this request is open. The request will be placed on hold at the time a candidate is selected for hire or after 7 days whichever comes first.***
This position will be remote until we return to the office. While remote, candidates must be in the continental US and will be required to work hours in the eastern standard time zone.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. RHAPSODY SOFTWARE
7. WEB SERVICES (REST, SOAP, WSDL)
8. NET FRAMEWORK 3.5/4.0
9. CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS AND PROBLEM RESOLUTION
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. LOINC / SNOWMED
6. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
7. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
8. Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
RHAPSODY CERTIFICATION IS PREFERRED (PLEASE INDICATE CERTIFICATION LEVEL)
INTERVIEW PROCESS (who will conduct i/v, phone or in-person, how many rounds of i/v’s)?
An interview panel will conduct one initial round of in person, video, or phone conference interviews. If no candidate is selected a second round of interviews will be conducted. Potential candidates, not initially selected, will not be disqualified until an offer is made and accepted.
Development Tools SQL Yes 4 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous An aptitude for learning new skills and applying knowledge to solve complex problems Yes 9 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages ASP.NET Yes 5 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 6 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages HL-7 Yes 2 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages XML Yes 3 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
RHAPSODY SOFTWARE RHAPSODY SOFTWARE Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Software Framwork .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5/4.0 Yes 8 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Web Tools WEB SERVICES (REST, SOAP, WSDL) Yes 7 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Remote Work Availability: 0%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
Due to the criticality of ensuring uptime of systems used by the agency to respond to COVID19 activities, additional staff are needed to assist current staff with backend processing. This will include the improvement and enhancement of existing processes in order to increase capacity and stability. The focus will be on moving custom COVID-19 data management and transformation out of in-house processes into the Rhapsody software, to set up new routes and processes needed for new data provisions to the CDC, and to create proactive monitoring processes for immediate identification and resolution of data processing issues. The team will ensure systems are following industry best practices to ensure strategic initiatives and compliance with federal and state regulatory laws and ensure business continuity.
This position will be a part of the team responsible for supporting critical systems and environments used by Public Health and Labs supporting the agency emergency response activities associated with COVID19 and day-to-day operations.
Candidates should be self-motivated, team-oriented, work under limited supervision, and respond to priority tasks as needed.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in a team comprised of Department and solution implementation staff for Systems Integration related planning, design, configuration, and conversion of existing processes, code, and functionality into the Rhapsody Environment. Will coordinate with assigned IT Section Manager and Team Lead on daily assignments, tasks and coordinate and collaborate with contract staff as well as existing Department staff and other IT professionals working with the Office of Information Technology. Ensure assignments are completed accurately and on-time, assist with problem resolution, mitigate issues, provide solutions, communicate, and escalate as needed to management, and report progress to manager.
Will advise Staff on code conversions, route and configuration changes and enhancements, process improvements, software updates and maintenance. Work with vendors and staff on deliverables, troubleshooting and conversion of current processes to Rhapsody.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Monitor routes and production processing to ensure proper data flow and response times using Rhapsody UI and other tools
• Help to perform and automate daily maintenance processes
• Troubleshoot and resolve processing issues
• Correct and reprocess errors
• Advise on monitoring practices, thresholds, and notifications
• Ensure maximum system uptime for critical components to ensure business continuity
• Work with program area staff to perform gap analysis, gather functional requirements, and create necessary processes
• Perform complex programming functions, assistance, and technical advice including design architecture, configuration, writing, testing, and documentation to complex programming of agency computer systems as assigned
• Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
• Create new and update existing Rhapsody routes to handle new data elements and formats creating the necessary output for upload into testing, lab, and surveillance systems
• Modernization of legacy computer systems/processes to Rhapsody routes and logic. Review existing code for rewrite into Rhapsody routes
• Advise the team on best practice and techniques
• Assist the team and Department staff to on board providers to utilize Rhapsody supported services like HL7 electronic lab reporting and electronic test orders and resulting
• Prepare and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams for processes assigned.
• Modification of existing processes and creation of new processes to be compliant with agency security requirements and following industry best standards
The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours during the week to provide coverage on weekends. Total week hours (to include the weekend) should not exceed 40 unless approved in advance (i.e., hours worked on Saturday and/or Sunday would be deducted from hours worked Mon-Fri). This position would need to be available to support the Lab on off hours and weekend.
The candidate will work closely with the Systems Integration Section Manager to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidate will work closely with customer and subject matter experts for the system design, migration to the new framework, and testing.