Request ID: BL-9714-1 (99190203)
Remote .Net Developer with ASP.net, C#, JQUERY, AJAX, SQL, Python, Web Services/REST/SOAP/WSDL, SVN, HL7 and CDC/HIPAA/CJIS experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12+ Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
***This is a State of Emergency Request due to the COVID-19 crisis. Per the amendment to the solicitation, candidates will be shortlisted to the Hiring Manager as they are submitted
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
6. PYTHON / SCRIPTING
7. WEB SERVICES (REST, SOAP, WSDL)
8. NET FRAMEWORK 3.5/4.0
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
3. Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
4. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
5. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 7 or more years of relevant work experience.
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1
Development Tools SQL Yes 5 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages ASP.NET Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages JQUERY Yes 3 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages Python Yes 6 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages SVN Yes 9 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages XML Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Software Framwork .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5/4.0 Yes 8 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Specialties Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS Yes 3 Intermediate Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Web Tools AJAX Yes 4 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Web Tools WEB SERVICES (REST, SOAP, WSDL) Yes 7 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Remote Work Availability: 100%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
Due to the criticality of providing the citizens of South Carolina with a way to request and schedule their COVID19 vaccinations, additional staff are needed to assist current staff with ongoing development of the COVID-19 Vaccination Registration System. This will include the improvement and enhancement of existing processes in order to increase interoperability, transparency and stability. The team will ensure systems are following industry best practices to ensure strategic initiatives and compliance with federal and state regulatory laws and ensure business continuity.
This position will be a part of the team responsible for supporting critical systems and environments used by Public Health and Providers supporting the agency emergency response activities associated with COVID19 vaccine administration and day-to-day operations.
Candidates should be self-motivated, team-oriented, work under limited supervision, and respond to priority tasks as needed.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in a team responsible for maintaining and enhancing a newly implemented COVID19 Vaccination Scheduling System. Will coordinate with assigned IT Section Manager and Team Lead on daily assignments, tasks and coordinate and collaborate with contract staff as well as existing Client staff and other IT professionals working with the Office of Information Technology. Ensure assignments are completed accurately and on-time, assist with problem resolution, mitigate issues, provide solutions, communicate, and escalate as needed to management, and report progress to manager.
Emphases for the programmer candidate will be support, modify and enhance the capabilities of the COVID-19 Vaccination Scheduling System.
The candidate will provide Tier 2 support for new and existing provider interfaces.
Specific Programmer duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Work with analysts and IT staff to identify, and implement interfaces with external system.
• Create processes needed for data monitoring and notification
• Work with program area staff to perform gap analysis, gather and document business and functional requirements, suggest solutions, and create necessary processes
• Assist with data reporting, analysis, and REST Service efforts as needed. Help to perform and automate daily maintenance and reporting processes.
• Work with analysts, IT staff, providers, and vendors to set up, troubleshoot, and improve reporting tools and environments per IT security standards and industry best practices.
• Monitor production processing to ensure proper data flow and response times.
• Troubleshoot and resolve processing issues.
• Perform complex programming functions, assistance, and technical advice including design architecture, configuration, writing, testing, and documentation to complex programming of agency computer systems as assigned.
• Support of agency computer systems in an ASP .Net MVC environment.
• Modification of existing processes and creation of new processes to be compliant with agency security requirements and following industry best standards
• Ensure maximum system uptime for critical components to ensure business continuity.
• Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
• Adheres to Information Technology application development standards and security requirements.
• All code to be checked in and out through code repository Tortoise SVN
• Prepare and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams for applications assigned.
• Work in a collaborative effort to conceptualize total systems and/or product solutions currently in place.
• Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
• Recommend and assist in the design of system architectures to align with organizational strategic business objectives.
• Requires mastery technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
• Create supporting project and system documentation.
• Provide updates to the Project Team.
• Advise the team on best practice and techniques.
The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours.
The candidates will work closely with the Health Applications Section Manager to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidates will work closely with subject matter experts and data analysts for the system/process design and testing.
This will also include compliance to Client security policy/procedures as well as integrating systems when possible to streamline staff workflows, user security, and data correction.