QA Tester (CSQA) with agile, programming/scripting, SQL, workflow, JIRA/Confluence and Medicaid eligibility system/business operations/MMIS/healthcare/government/SC experience
Location: CLEMSON UNIVERSITY
Duration: 12 Months
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary area of responsibility in this position is to test new and existing software functionality through the use of manual and automated testing methods. This position requires an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to assess the implementation of software development to support federally mandated changes for the SC Medicaid system. The QA Analyst will develop, create, modify, and execute test cases based upon defined acceptance criteria and business requirements. The candidate must be experienced in the process of and tools used in defect identification, tracking and resolution. Must possess demonstrated skill in coordinating testing efforts and resolutions among all project team members. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as documentation skills.
All aspects of the system, including, but not limited to user experience, interfaces and database will be tested. The candidate should be familiar with all phases of testing within the SDLC and the various testing methodologies (ie, functional, load, stress and performance, regression, negative/positive, black and glass box, etc). Web-base application experience.
The QA Analyst will help ensure the highest quality of the product before it reaches the customer.
TJOB J JOB DUTIES:
1. Participate in analysis and design of features and enhancements (5%)
2. Participate in an Agile SDLC (5%)
3. Establish estimates for quality assurance tasks (5%)
4. Create and execute manual test cases for the Medicaid project according to standards and best practices (25%)
5. Develop and execute automated testing scripts to efficiently test new functionality and continually retest existing functionality (25%)
6. Review, verify, and track software defects from any and all sources (10%)
7. Participate in the development, maintenance, and execution of regression testing via an automated testing tool (10%)
8. Assist in maintenance of defect-tracking system (5%)
9. Actively contribute to process refinement and documentation. (5%)
10. Actively contribute to enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the QA organization. (5%)
1. Background in healthcare (preferably a South Carolina)
2. Programming experience in scripting language a plus
3. Knowledge of SQL
4. Knowledge and experience with enterprise workflow solutions
5. Assisting with organizational transformation
6. Expertise implementing automated testing
7. Knowledge and experience with Atlassian Suite Tools / JIRA / Confluence
8. Management/team leadership experience
9. Stable employment history
10. Local candidates preferred or a desire to live/work in the Upstate South Carolina
11. Candidates must embrace collaboration and have a can do attitude
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• The primary area of responsibility in this position is to test new and existing software both functionally and via an automated testing tool; position requires an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to work on federally mandated changes for Medicaid. Position will develop, create, modify, and execute test cases. The QA Analyst will analyze business requirements and use cases in order to create test plans, then create both automated test scripts as well as manual test plans to verify software development against the application requirements. Test cases will focus on the verification of both the user interface as well as the database.
• The QA Analyst will help ensure the highest quality of our product before it reaches our customers. He or she will be responsible for creating and executing system test plans for application development efforts according to defined application requirements. The QA Analyst finds and tracks software defects, coordinates re-testing with the project team and documents the conditions and results of testing.
• Understanding of IT development and implementation projects
• Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to elicit requirements, document system as built, and develop business process models. Strong proficiency in English is required.
• Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
• Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Medicaid eligibility system/business operations experience.
• Candidates that embrace “other duties as assigned”
• Candidates that can thrive in a dynamic constantly evolving environment
• Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience
• Medicaid operations experience.
• Agile software development methodology
• Agility to work as an independent contributor and team player
• Demonstrated leadership experience
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent experience in Quality Assurance.
None required. Certification and/or training CSQA or BABOK or automated testing tool are beneficial.
Criminal Record – 7 Year History Candidate Confirmation
Credit Report – 7 Year History Candidate Confirmation