QA Lead with GIS, use case, storyboards, JAD, business analysis and NC/government experience
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 12 months
The Department of Transportation is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 12 month) contractor assignment. The selected candidate will be the primary NCDOT lead for all quality assurance and testing activities for the ROME project, and requires senior-level experience.
The main responsibilities include:
1. Work with ROME project team to perform quality assurance activities to help ensure that all requirements, testing and prototyping tasks are executed effectively.
2. Support a large requirements effort to identify business and technical requirements for ROME, working closely with business analysts, SMEs and other project personnel.
3. Use techniques such as use cases, storyboards and JAD sessions to support the identification and agreement on ROME requirements.
4. Oversee the prototype review and testing activities to help solidify ROME requirements.
5. Create and support the development of test cases to verify the ROME requirements.
6. Lead the overall planning and execution of testing activities for the ROME project, to include test plans, test cases and user acceptance.
7. Build a requirements traceability matrix to verify successful delivery of all ROME requirements via a successful user acceptance testing (UAT) process.
8. Support the NCDOT project manager in planning deliverables, scope, schedule and other aspects of the project.
9. Provide knowledge transfer and training to NCDOT personnel, per project plans.
10. Work effectively within the GIS Unit’s project team model.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
For this position, soft skills are as important as technical skills, particularly in communication and facilitation skills.
Required skills and experience needed include:
• Extensive experience overseeing software testing activities and requirements verification
• Extensive experience performing quality assurance activities on similar projects
• Demonstrated experience developing, analyzing and documenting business and technical requirements
• Ability to work with customers to document use cases and develop process flow diagrams
• Ability to develop and deliver high-quality project documentation
• Ability to translate technical information into business language to ensure understanding of the requirements by both technical and non-technical personnel
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms
• Team orientation; excellent facilitation, team leadership and consensus-building skills
• Experience on project(s) using GIS technologies
• Experience in State government(especially State of NC)