Job ID: UT-65151 (90090916)
QA Engineering Lead with Web Application Framework, Selenium, SmartBear, Nightwatch, Protractor, CasperJS, TestCafe, Azure DevOps, Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, Git, Agile/Scrum and TDD experience
Location: Salt Lake City UT (USBE)
Duration: 3 years
1. Degree Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
2. QA Engineering Experience Candidate must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in QA Engineering
3. Web Application Testing Framework Experience Candidate must have 4+ years experience with web application testing frameworks (e.g., Selenium, SmartBear, Nightwatch, Protractor, CasperJS, TestCafe)
4. Automated Build Tool Experience Candidate must have 3+ years of experience working with Automated Build Tools (e.g., Azure DevOps, Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity)
5. Git Source Control Experience Candidate must demonstrate experience working with Git source control
6. Agile/Scrum Environment Experience Candidate must demonstrate experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
7. Ability to Work Independently Candidate must demonstrate ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems and provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
8. Prior Experience with TDD Candidate must demonstrate prior experience with Test Driven Experience (TDD)
9. Superior Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies Candidate must demonstrate a superior understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
10. Communication Skills Candidate must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical staff and work effectively with cross-functional departments with varying degrees of technical experience including explaining impacts across products, teams & organization
11. Flexibility in Adapting to Changing Conditions Candidate must demonstrate flexibility in adapting to changing conditions and leading others through change.
12. Strong Team Player Candidate must demonstrate ability to be a strong team player, making a valuable contribution to team objectives, displaying trust and mutual understanding, accepting constructive feedback, and handling confrontation constructively
The Utah State Board of Education (USBE) is working on a comprehensive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems, referred to as the Utah Schools Information Management System (USIMS). Working for the USBE is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best-of-breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base and associated reporting applications and reports.
We are looking for a QA Lead Engineer who will be responsible for leading the debugging of software products using manual and automated tests to develop, apply, and maintain high quality standards. The QA Lead Engineer will develop, modify, and execute software tests plans as well as analyze and write test standards and procedures. This role is expected to maintain documentation and recommend any corrective action needed and will partner closely with software teams in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Closely partner with the Architects and Software Engineers at the onset of a project to develop product requirements, test specifications, and build test frameworks and cases to rigorously test product functionality
• Perform analysis on applications/stories, write manual and/or automated tests and execute on test suites. Identify system or architecture limitations from analysis of performance test results
• Create automation frameworks and automated test suites and be responsible for cross-component testing
• Lead the effort toward complete automation
• Identify system or architecture limitations from analysis of performance test results
• Review and provide input on the accuracy, clarity, and testability of requirements; ask questions to improve software design
• Proactively work with cross-functional teams to build and maintain good business relationships that help drive ideas and solutions
• Apply Agile concepts and work collaboratively and closely with Software Engineers in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Train and mentor new/junior teammates and drive best practice across the team
• Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
• Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
• Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
• Identify, implement, and apply best practices as the “go to” person on the team
• Define how the work should be done; provide intelligent alternatives to the status quo; sells and drive ideas; take ownership of issues to work effectively inside and outside of the team to influence and drive results.