Job Id: NC-481730 (95991228)
QA Analyst with Automated Testing, Selenium, ADLC, MS Office, use cases, mainframe, SOAP UI, SQL, SharePoint and Bugzilla Experience
Location: 104 Fayetteville St, Raleigh NC (DOT)
Duration: 12 Months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Experience in application testing and system integration Required 7 Years
Experience using Automated Testing using Selenium Highly desired 5 Years
Working knowledge of application development life cycle Required 7 Years
Strong analytical and conceptual skills Required 7 Years
Working knowledge of Quality Assurance processes and industry best practices Required 5 Years
Experience with MS Office Suite Required 7 Years
Experience developing and documenting use cases, test plans, scenarios, and scripts Required 5 Years
Experience with testing and documentation of test results Required 5 Years
Working knowledge of mainframe environment Desired 3 Years
Working knowledge Web Service Testing tools – SOAP UI Highly desired 3 Years
SQL Experience Required 5 Years
Microsoft SharePoint Experience Desired 3 Years
Project Tracking Experience – Bugzilla Highly desired 3 Years
The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is seeking a Quality Assurance contractor for an approximately 12 month engagement in the State Automated Drivers License System. This is a project required to assist in the rewrite of SADLS legacy mainframe system to a web based system.
This position serves as the entry point for the validation and verification of applications, systems and products before being accessed or used by DMV business units and NCDOT personnel. A Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer assures the following are fully complete and of high quality for multiple small and moderate sized systems and/or a single large and complex system with an in-depth knowledge of business workflows and requirements. This position has responsibility for test strategies, test plans, research test alternatives and approaches, develops test data creations, test estimates, performance testing automated test scripts, coordinates and execution of implementation tasks, conducts readiness meetings, and documents recommendations.
This position coordinates and participates in user’s acceptance testing. This position provides maintenance and support of applications, including testing repairs and enhancements, assuring that the application operates as various components of the environment change. The engineer will work on quality improvement in systems, early detection of deficiencies, corrective actions, continuous inspections, and an in-depth understanding of the business workflow.
• Understands, exhibits and maintains an in-depth level of technical skills or knowledge in the area of application testing and system integration.
• Possesses a detailed understanding of assigned tasks and the use of its systems via developing through test plans/scenarios.
• Possesses substantial, proven experience in the entire Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and System Test Life Cycle (STLC) processes including workflow analysis, workflow diagrams, requirements solicitation, documentation, and quality assurance.
• Proven experience of enterprise systems and familiarity with best business practices related to systems.
• Knowledge of security protocols for systems utilized
• Thoroughly understands business functions and system needs of unit to develop test cases for software applications.
• Possesses good knowledge to provide system administration duties, system analysis, and knowledge of relational databases and business enterprise systems.
• Possesses good knowledge of specific computer environments and tools with ability to learn emerging tools.
• Validates accuracy of all layers of the application (presentation, persistent layers, and web services) according to requirements.
• Consult with users to refine, test, and debug solution to meet Change Management needs.