Job ID: NC-580374 (96390218 )
Python Developer with Web Development, Django, Flask, Containers/Containerization, data migration, conversion and cloud experience
Location: Raleigh NC (Central Piedmont Community College)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: In-person or webcam
Positions: 1 (1/4)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Python Development experience Required 6 Years
Web development experience Required 6 Years
Python-based frameworks (Django or Flask) experience Desired 2 Years
Containers and Containerization Desired 2 Years
Relational databases Required 6 Years
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs application and database design work, specifically around integration of data sources and web applications.
2. Performs data migration and transition tasks
3. Works with the web & application development team in designing and refining the solution architecture for web, integration and automation projects.
4. In conjunction with the Director for Web & Application Development
a. Creates project plans for every project, detailing the expected level of effort and time required.
b. Executes project plans by properly communicating plan to the team and any other appropriate members.
c. Works on transitioning or eliminating legacy applications/platforms.
d. Regularly reviews and assesses production web systems for potential optimizations for improved security, stability and/or performance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
1. Deep experience with internet application servers, web servers, major relational database, web services, OO analysis/design, and multiple programming languages,
2. Significant experience with web development in a distributed environment using Python, HTML, and MVC web applications framework
3. Experience with local and cloud-based web application architecture and integration.
4. Knowledge about cloud-first application development best practices (eg. application containers, etc.)
5. Ability to design and develop technical long-term solutions that will be eventually consumed or fed into by all the data sources/streams of the College
6. Experience with testing applications and developing system and user documentation
7. Ability to interact with technical resources within the College and with technical vendors/consultants to design and build data and integration solutions
8. Excellent analytical skills to interpret policies, research and compare alternative solutions
9. Ability to efficiently manage time and organize work
– Upgrade of legacy Python/Django web applications to current LTS (long-term-support) versions.