Project Manager with ERP implementation, Banner, SDLC and data conversion experience
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 6 months
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
• Master’s Degree in Information Systems Technology/Management preferred.
• Minimum of 7 yeasrs of management experience working with ERP systems with demonstrated success in a leadership role.
• Experience in application/system design and deployment.
• Strong project management experience and skills.
• Understanding of software development practices and methodologies with above average problem solving abilities and talent for grasping new technologies and configurations
• High degree of self-motivation, management and confidence in handling customer matters such as issue escalation and expectation management.
• Capable of quickly adapting to changing, evolving environments.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and complete projects with minimal oversight.
• Ability to guide, measure, manage, mentor and motivate a development team.
• Strong interpersonal skills; capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a dynamic staff environment.
The University of NC at Charlotte is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 6 month) contractor assignment. The primary function of this role is to direct planning, implementation and support of administrative information systems throughout the university. These systems range from departmental applications to comprehensive, enterprise systems such as Banner from Ellucian.
Enterprise Information Management is tasked with ensuring that IT solutions fully support business processes and that the chosen solutions are cost effectively developed and maintained. Enterprise Information Management consists of teams with responsibilities including database administration, ERP systems integration, system design, programming, implementation, and on-going maintenance and support of the various systems.
The Director manages and leads a team of professionals that includes three (4) Managers and twenty-four support staff.
• Develops and executes plans and strategies in close collaboration with business units, including executive management. Ensures alignment of information system plans with business strategies.
• Overseas development of reports, interfaces and data conversion programs.
• Directs activities of the development team throughout the software/systems development life cycle. Directs Enterprise Information Management teams using input from team managers, senior management, and stakeholders.
• Maintains project status and related documentation. Facilitates project related activities, including planning time lines, scheduling meetings, coordinating resources, and tracking performance. Manages and resolve conflicts in project related activities across functional areas.
• Leads and facilitates workshops for requirements gathering, gap analysis, functional design and systems implementation.
• Manages the analysis and design process. Ensure meetings and interactions with the business users occur to define requirements. Reviews project requirements documentation. Reviews and incorporates solution designs into the existing technical environment.
• Manages multiple tasks across various teams that often involve innovative technologies and applications, dissimilar systems and databases, and complex system integration and linkages.
• Monitors performance of production applications and provide necessary support. Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems or questions about programs.