Job ID: MI-615828 (912191210)
Project Manager/Scrum Master (PMP) with data migaration, MS Project, developer/DBA, Visio and Michigan SUITE experience
Location: Lansing MI (CSS-EPMO)
Duration: 12 months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Experience as an Information Technology Project Manager on projects with budgets in excess of $5,000,000. Required 6 Years
Expert written and verbal communication with clients and technical staff. Required 7 Years
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Required
Experience in information technology development, deployment, risk mitigation, issue resolution, and data migration. Required 5 Years
Experience in using a project management tool such as MS Project or Clarity Required 5 Years
Direct professional experience as a developer, database administrator, or other technical role in which technical skills were required. Required 2 Years
Experience in managing multiple technical resources such as developers, database administrators, or business analysts to meet deliverable deadlines. Required 2 Years
Experience using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint tools. Required 7 Years
Experience using Visio for presentation, design, and business process diagraming. Desired 2 Years
Project Management Professional Credentials Highly desired 1 Years
Experience with the State of Michigan SUITE methodology. Desired
Experience as a Project Manager/Scrum Master on Agile projects. Required 2 Years
Years of Experience:
Minimum 6 years of experience as a Project Manager with knowledge and strong understanding of Agile software development methodology.
Position Overview/Required Skills:
This position will design, plan, coordinate, and motivate Agile work teams for the replacement of an existing legacy IT system. This position will provide project control leadership and coordinate the work of project staff implementing solutions to meet the agency’s requirements and support the agency’s on-going projects.
Successful candidates must have at least 6 or more years of experience in managing projects greater than $5,000,000 in value and a minimum of 2 years working directly as a project manager focused on large-scale enterprise IT systems. Candidates must be familiar with standard concepts and practices of software development lifecycle.
It is essential that candidates be self-directed and independent, relying on their own experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Excellent soft skills are required.
Experience with Agile methodology is essential.
Professional certification and an understanding of the State of Michigan SUITE methodology is highly desirable.
This position has a high probability of being extended past the end date listed for a candidate that is a good fit with the agency.
• Manages a portfolio of project activity streams across technology and business units.
• Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI’s framework to manage scope, schedule, and budget.
• Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding overall project status.
• Coordinates and controls the end-to-end process of capturing all key project artifacts.
• Creates project charter and work plan. Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status.
• Tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics.
• Creates and implements a communication plan. Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor.
• Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams, negotiates resources, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes.
• Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor.
• Raises risks and issues to the appropriate senior management level; discovering and presenting mitigation strategies and removing any identified barriers.
• Provides technical support to project team members. Handles complex application features and technical designs.
• Works with stakeholders to facilitate project governance through periodic status reporting, project/portfolio data, and regular governance meetings.
• Successfully navigates a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency.
• Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.