Job Id: NC-575660 (97390918)
Project Manager/ Scrum Master/ Coach (PMP/ PMI) with Agile Experience
Location: 200 West Jones Street, Raleigh NC (NCCCS)
Duration: 4 Months
Agency Interview Type: Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Certified Scrum Master Required 3 Years
Certified Scrum Coach Desired 2 Years
Project Management Certification (PMP or PMI-ACP) Desired 3 Years
Excellent communication and collaboration skills Required 3 Years
Strong facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution skills Required 5 Years
Guide others to resolve multiple, and at times competing priorities and appropriately balance delivery and expectations with all levels of leadership Required 3 Years
Adaptive/flexible leadership focused on meeting business needs using a variety of techniques and practices Required 2 Years
Applicable knowledge of software development Required 3 Years
Demonstrated experience as a collaborative leader who promotes resource growth and has a proven track record of delivery Required 3 Years
Project Leadership experience in a variety of different contexts Required 3 Years
The NC Community College System is comprised of the System Office, located in Raleigh, NC, and 58 community colleges. The System Office maintains and makes available to the system a common Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system template based on Ellucian Colleague and a system wide Data Warehouse.
The Application Development team customizes the Ellucian Colleague base template in response to College System, System Office, State Board and State of NC Legislative requirements. As Ellucian publishes new/updated software and patches to the base Colleague product, the Application Development team processes these changes, updates the System template as required and releases them to the system. Additionally, teams are maintaining data extractions for an existing Data Warehouse and working to build modern data collection methods to re-imagine a new Data Warehouse.
The ideal candidate will simultaneously coach five application development teams to facilitate and guide our agile development environment. Outcomes would lead to maturing the team’s knowledge, skills and abilities using Agile/Scrum, continual improvement in processing updates to the System ERP template, guiding development of new products/projects and increased team ownership and delivery of acceptable, usable products.
Expected Skills (additional details of skills on Skills tab): Expert knowledge of Agile software development, focusing on the four basic competencies of mentoring, professional coaching, teaching, and facilitation, and the four integral quadrants: mindset, practices, relationship/culture, and environment. Candidate should be experienced in complex environments in which most Agile teams (and Agile coaches) operate. Able to work without assistance and minimal directional guidance from executive leadership. Able to provide leadership/mentorship to others and manage highly complex work efforts. May have advanced education and extensive industry experience.
Description of duties (including, but not limited to):
1. Coach and mentor teams, which will lead to increased knowledge and full-ownership and commitment by teams to the agile software development framework, including focus on partnership with the product owner, stakeholders and IT teams to meet committed project goals that support business objectives
2. Guide and coach the project team and organization on how to use Agile and/or Project Management best practices to deliver business value with quality.
3. Assess the maturity of the teams, team members, and organization and provide road map to move the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
4. Demonstrate best practices for removing impediments, escalating issues, and guiding the team to resolution.
5. Partner with agile teams’ way to build an environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of critical thinking and problem solving.
6. Partner with agile teams and project sponsor/product owner on preferred ways to develop scope, priority, and anticipated deliverables
7. Provide best practices to both agile teams and the program management office to drive team reporting responsibilities in systems of record and key status reporting mechanisms in support of PMO
8. Provide best practices for internal and external communication, promoting end-to-end project leadership including release and change management, and successful transition to operations and maintenance