Project Manager (PMP/PMI-ACP/CSM) with Agile/Scrum Master, Kanban Lead, .Net/VB/C# and Child Support Enforcement system design/development experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 18 Months
The CFS Project is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and obtaining federal certification of a federally-mandated Child Support Enforcement System (CSES) that will provide comprehensive support to the operation of South Carolina’s Child Support Enforcement (CSE) program as well as for completing the development and implementation of the Family Court Case Management System (FCCMS) for the 46 Clerks of Court.
The Department seeks a highly motivated individual who has the skills for managing the software development, testing and implementation of the new Integrated Child Support Enforcement System (CSES) under the South Carolina Department of Social Services. Candidates must be highly knowledgeable and experienced in the use of the Agile/Scrum project management discipline and the tools used to develop and implement the project–Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, VB, ASP.net/.NET, Microsoft Operating Systems, SQL Server RDBMS tools and platform environments.
This position will strategically manage the design, development and implementation of efficient information systems in support of network, telecommunications and core organizational functions. This position applies proven Agile project management, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. Responsibilities include leadership of technology-focused projects and teams relying on Agile values and principles. This position assumes the role of ScrumMaster, Kanban Lead, and/or Project Manager depending on the work at hand. The focus of this position is on delivering value, leading the team over managing tasks, and adapting to change over conforming to plans.
This position will work collaboratively with the CFS team and will perform the following:
• Using the Agile principles, leads the CFS team in the successful development and implementation of CSES using the Agile iterative and incremental methods of managing the design, development, and implementation in a highly flexible and interactive manner.
• As the Project Coach, leads complex initiatives across multiple functions and teams by planning, directing, and coordinating to the project objectives with consideration for risk.
• In the ScrumMaster role, facilitates the Scrum process of planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives with team and Product Owner and proactively removes impediments to progress.
• In the Kanban Lead role, facilitates the Kanban process with team and stakeholders and proactively removes impediments to progress.
• Leads and contributes to the decision making process and facilitates conflict resolution.
• Embraces, coaches, and evangelizes Agile values and principles across the organization.
• Defines and refines Agile metrics to understand team performance.
• Works with management and other Agile Project Leaders to continually identify and implement organization-wide process improvements
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• 5+ years experience in Agile project management
• 5+ years experience in information technology including computing, telecommunications, printing, data storage, data transmission etc.
• Large scale production system implementation experience.
• Knowledge of generally accepted system architecture, project management and supervision principles and practices.
• Proven abilities to plan, organize, instruct, and review the work of the CFS team.
• Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, customers/stakeholders (State and Federal) and executives.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the DSS and other State information technology staff.
• Preference will be given to experience related to Child Support Enforcement system design and developed and/or knowledge of the Child Support Enforcement program’s mission and objectives.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Detail-oriented and highly organized
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Self-motivated driver able to make progress despite obstacles
• Strong servant leader able to lead and work with multiple diverse roles and personalities
• One or more related certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), or Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) preferred.
Environments and Tools
• MS Server 2008 enterprise server, MS SQL 2008 R2 enterprise server and MS SQL 2008 enterprise server Reporting Services
• TFS (Team Foundation Server)
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
• C#, .ASP.net, .NET
• SubVersion (Source Control)
• Java Script
• NHibernate, CA-Erwin data model, DOORS
Criminal Record – 7 Year History Candidate Confirmation
Credit Report – 7 Year History Candidate Confirmation