Project Manager (PMP)/Agile Coach (Scrum Master Certification) with extreme programming, training and IT Healthcare experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12 Months
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The position is focused on planning, developing, documenting & exchanging knowledge with onsite team using Agile Principles and Practices. Typical work will include developing and promoting the Scrum process, working with Project Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Spring team members, etc. to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Sprint team. A candidate will work to promote and improve the practice of Agile/Scrum and provide status and risk information to Project Management and Stakeholders.
The ideal candidate would possess proven skills in leading ‘Agile’ teams through an entire project lifecycle. A candidate should be expert not just at agile team coordination but also at the application of agile practices relating to one or more of these disciplines, Requirements, Planning, Development / Testing, Project Management. For example: In Agile Requirements we want individuals to be able assist/coach Project Managers define scope for an Agile project at the Product, Release and Sprint levels. They would apply suitable practices required to identify and define User Stories and Acceptance Criteria, Management of Product, Release and Sprint Backlogs, and working with a Product Owner, etc. In Development we want individuals to be able assist/coach Project Managers apply suitable practices related to lightweight design & modeling, code refactoring, test-driven development and build-integration-test automation.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as an agile coach, same or more as scrum master or other agile team role.
• Strong leadership acumen skills and experience.
• Skilled at leading teams, motivating people and building relationships in complex project environments.
• Experience leading organizational change management
• Excellent verbal, written and executive communication skills.
• Proven ability to lead a diverse group towards resolution when faced with ambiguous situations.
• Experience with IT SDLC and familiar with current software technologies and formal requirements development methodology.
• Knowledge of a wide variety of business processes, multi-tier core application development environments and/or core integration technologies.
• 10 + years business and management experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Scrum Master Certification is desired but not required.
• Experience with Extreme Programming (XP), and other Agile engineering practices is a plus
• Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills.
• Experience conducting stand-up training
• Experience developing training materials
• Experience developing and growing business with new and existing accounts in a deliberate and strategic manner.
• Experience designing and deploying methodologies in many types of organizations
• PMI certification or commensurate Program Management experience