Project Manager (PMP) with risk management, SDLC, IT Governance and ITIL experience
Location: Austin TX
Duration: 12 months
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
10 IT Project management
8 Risk management on technical projects
8 IT Governance
8 Communicating with executive staff
5 Team building and collaborating with others
10 Software maintenance project management
10 Mentoring fledgling project managers
Description of Duties
• Refactoring existing Registration and Titling System (RTS) legacy systems and managing the procurements and projects related to refactoring
• Maintaining existing systems in a manner responsive to legislative directives while new systems are under construction, and be accustomed to managing projects with multi-million dollar budgets over multiple years.
• Mentoring staff in PM disciplines that may be new to them and/or managing non-technical resources
• Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Coordinates work teams. Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI’s framework.
• Works with business representatives to initiate projects. Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Plans projects and requests resources that are not always readily available. Creates project charter and work plan. Tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics. Arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas, and support functions. Monitors performance of those assignments.
• Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Establishes project organization and methodologies. Defines roles and responsibilities. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
• Understands and has working knowledge of ITIL Service desk, catalog and service center management processes (incident, problem, change, configuration, release, capacity and performance)
• Responsible for managing highly skilled teams such as Application Developers using unified modern programming/object oriented languages, relational databases, architects and network specialist
• Responsible for managing Information Technology programs/projects utilizing SDLC methodologies, development environment frameworks, covering the entire life cycle from beginning to end
• Documents risks and develops mitigation plans. Manages scope. . Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors their completion. Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status. Disseminates information to team members and customers.
• Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project and associated work streams. Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes.
• Creates and implements a communication plan. Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor. Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
• Oversees all aspects of projects and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
• Self-directed and independent. Professional certification is highly desirable.