Project Manager (PMP) with PPM workflow, SB911, SDLC, business analysis, QA testing and education experience
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 4 months
The NC Department of Public Instruction is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 3 month) assignment. GS 115C-83.1E requires the State Board of Education to ensure that every student entering Kindergarten have a Kindergarten entry assessment within 60 days of enrollment. In addition, GS 115C-174.11 requires the State Board of Education to develop, adopt, and provide developmentally appropriate individualized assessment for us in kindergarten through grade 3, for all LEAs to use this assessment to inform instruction. The KEA/K3 Assessment will be web-based, so all assessment items and tasks must be converted to electronic format. We are in need of a Project Manager to assist in getting this project off the ground until a time-limited position can be created by the State. There will be an RFP involved, and we are on an aggressive time frame. This project is funded by Race to the Top.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing and driving all project activities related to the project, including the required approvals in conjunction with SB991 and the PPM Workflow. The PM will work to coordinate all activities with appropriate NCDPI organizational units as related to said project including coordinating resources, reporting progress and status, and tracking events through required PPM Workflow approvals. The PM will define and manage the production of deliverables, negotiate, set and manage the project schedule, and ensure that project stakeholders are informed of the project’s progress. More specifically, the PM will:
* Work with appropriate NCDPI organizational units to complete the data required for submission of project through Gate 1 approval (Initiation) and start on Gate 2 approval (Planning & Design);
* Work with stakeholders to draft an RFP to fulfill the needs of the project;
* Complete project deliverables, financial tracking, weekly and monthly status reports, normal PM documentation; PPM workflow guidance and facilitation.
* Schedule and facilitate project meetings and attend DPI status meetings.
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in computer science, information systems management, or a related curriculum and eight years of general and progressively responsible project management experience managing information system design, development, and implementation for large systems.
* PMP Certification is preferred.
* Experience with SB911 and PPM Workflow preferred.
* Education background preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Superior time management skills.
* Solid knowledge of the software development cycle.
* Strong organizational skills.
* System Design and Configuration skills.
* Requirements analysis and gap analysis.
* Quality control and quality assurance planning & monitoring.