Request ID: IN-8503-1 (910091211)
Project Manager (PMP) with MS Project and financial planning/budgeting experience
Location: 4430 Broad River Rd., Columbia, SC, 29210
Duration: 12 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF BEST PRACTICES FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT PRINCIPALS AND METHODOLOGIES INCLUDING KNOWLEDGE OF STANDARD PROJECT MANAGEMENT TERMINOLOGY, AS DEFINED IN THE PMI PMBOK
2. STRONG VERBAL COMMUNICATION AND WRITTEN SKILLS WITH THE ABILITY TO COMPOSE CLEAR, CONCISE REPORTS, DOCUMENTS AND CORRESPONDENCE.
3. ABILITY TO ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN EFFECTIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
4. ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY PLAN AND ORGANIZE WORK ACTIVITIES AND PRIORITIZE TASK COMPLETION ACCORDING TO SCHEDULES AND GOALS.
5. STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF FINANCIAL PLANNING AND BUDGETING
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. ABILITY TO LEAD AND INFLUENCE
2. ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND AND CLEARLY COMMUNICATE COMPLEX PROJECTS
3. CONSIDERABLE DIPLOMACY AND TACT EXHIBITED IN STRESSFUL SITUATIONS
4. STRONG WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF MICROSOFT PROJECT SOFTWARE
5. EMPLOYEE MUST DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN KNOWLEDGE OF AGENCY MISSION, GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
A bachelor’s degree in the liberal arts, business management, public administration, information
technology, or other related field of study. A minimum of three (3) years in project management experience is required. Five (5) or more years of project management experience is preferred.
Certified Project Management, PMI training or PMP certification
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as DTO’s project manager for assigned projects. Uses project management methodologies from inception through completion. Responsible for managing projects and for coordinating with private sector professional project managers of assigned projects. Is also responsible for internal tracking of state resources, project schedules, project deliverables, and for producing project documentation, regular status updates and reports to management. At project conclusion, closes out each project in a timely and orderly manner, with documentation of lessons learned and archiving of essential project documentation.