Project Manager (PMP) with networking, MS Office, intrusion detection, LAN/WAN and healthcare/government experience
Location: Austin TX
Duration: 10 months
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
8 Extensive work experience and understanding of project management life cycle (PMLC) and system development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
8 Experience in identifying potential project risks and issues and documenting strategies to accept, mitigate, or avoid.
8 Experience in conducting meetings and/or presentation preparation tasks as needed (e.g., prepare or oversee preparation of and provide agendas and pre-meeting materials as well as follow-up notes, post meeting materials, assignment follow-up and related activities).
8 Experience in MS Office Suite.
Strong Must have strong writing, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills with project management experience.
5 Experience working in a state/federal government environment
5 Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
DADS is looking to hire a staff augmentation contractor to work through August 31, 2014. The contractor will lead a DADS IT team working on Local Area Network (LAN) Modernization (LM) at the 12 State Supported Living Centers (SSLCs) located in Abilene, Austin, Brenham, Corpus Christi, Denton, El Paso, Lubbock, Lufkin, Mexia, Richmond, San Angelo, and San Antonio. Travel will be required at the contractor’s expense.
This team, based in Austin, is part of the Electronic Health / Life Record (EHLR) project funded by the 83rd Texas Legislative session for the 2014/2015 biennium. The project includes funding for LAN Modernization (LM) so that the EHLR software and video conferencing equipment operate properly and with sufficient bandwidth. The LM Project Manager (PM) will report to the DADS EHLR PM.
During fiscal year 2014, DADS hired a Vendor to assess and report on the state of LANs in order to stabilize the infrastructure at the 12 SSLCs. The Vendor’s report included an “as is”, “to be”, and “gap” analysis. The successful Network Engineers will review these reports and work as part of the DADS LM Team to develop a strategic, holistic approach for modernization. The approach will include identifying quick wins, priorities, 12 LAN designs to include wireless and/or cabling replacement where needed, and 12 implementation plans. The plan will organize the SSLCs into three groups of four and will staff three teams working simultaneously to complete improvements at all 12 SSLCs by, and preferably before August 31, 2014. The approach, design, and staffing plan are subject to approval by the DADS IT EHLR PM, DADS Infrastructure Operations (IO) Director, DADS Deputy Information Resources Manager (IRM), and the DADS IRM.
Task 1. Work Prioritization:
• Work with DADS IT EHLR PM, SSLC Facilities Director and IT IO Director to prioritize each building within a site based on the number of aggregation points from each building.
• Prioritize each SSLC based on the current risk level.
• Work with the DADS IT EHLR PM, SSLC Facilities Director and IT IO Director to identify the business areas in need of stabilization and improvements based on the level of performance needs.
• Work with the DADS IT EHLR PM, SSLC Facilities Director and IT IO Director to gather required information to include but not limited to:
• Building construction
• Detailed building diagrams containing
• Construction material
• Room placement
• Existing cabling
• Facility layout including but not limited to:
• Building distance
• Soil composition
• Existing fiber location
• Trenching constraints
• Work with the DADS IT EHLR PM, DADS Security PM, DADS Information Security Officer, SSLC Facilities Director and IT IO Director to install Intrusion Prevention System hardware/software to monitor network and/or system activities for security purposes.
• Develop 3 site packages containing four SSLCs per package. Each package could be aligned but not limited to:
• Geographical location
• Number of high, medium, and low priority sites.
Task 2. Detailed Assessment:
• Identify a representative sample of SSLC sites for the following steps.
• Procurement by DADS IT of services by a network cabling company to perform a detailed:
• Fiber plant assessment at each of the representative sampling of the SSLC sites.
• Wireless heat map for Signal penetration at each of the representative sampling of the SSLC sites
Task 3. Design and Implementation SOW:
• Develop a written approach, subject to DADS IT approval, for the design and implementation of the network refresh.
• The written approach should require:
• Participation of a vendor walk-through of the representative sites
• Each approach should include:
• A detailed bill of material,
• fixed price cost for each of the sites within a package.
The PM will oversee all tasks and report status to the DADS IT EHLR PM. Further information on detailed project tasks will be discussed with the DADS IT EHLR PM once onboarded.