Job id : NC-561731 (98590625)
Project Manager (PMP) with MS Project, QA, failure mode effect analysis, contract vendor management and Government Experience
Location: 4101 Capitol Blvd. Raleigh NC, 27604 (DOT)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Interview – In Person
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Proficient in Microsoft Project using MS Project Server to manage multi-million dollar projects with multiple year duration Required 7 Years
Strong communication skills, oral and written, with project team, management and executive management Required 7 Years
Proven planning and management skills including scope estimating, budgeting, testing, quality assurance and resource allocation Required 7 Years
Experience with project risk management including failure mode effect analysis and planning Required 5 Years
Project experience implementing both third party and in-house development solutions Required 5 Years
Strong analytical and conceptual skills Required 5 Years
Experience in contract and vendor management and end to end development of procurement and solicitation documents Required 5 Years
Preferred government IT Project Management experience Desired 3 Years
Preferred PMP certification Highly desired 3 Years
Sample Role Types: Program Manager, Development Manager, Application Support Manager, Production Support Manager, Release Manager
NCDOT PMO is seeking an expert Project Manager for the Pre-Construction Collaboration and Occupational Safety Audit Projects. Additional project assignments will be made as availability is determined. Candidate must have experience in full software development life cycle including maintenance and enhancement processing of COTS solutions as well as in-house development solutions. Prior government experience is preferred.
Expected Skills: Able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.
1. Responsibility for the successful completion of end to end project work, including all work products
2. Oversight of projects comprised of multiple deliverables, including delegation and coordination of tasks
3. Responsibility for creation and management of the integrated project plan, execution of the project plan, project status, meetings, scope changes, risk and issue tracking/mitigation, coordination across project teams, etc.
4. Negotiations internal and external to the project teams
5. Managing scope, resources, timelines, costs/budget, quality, communication, and procurements to meet the goals of the State
6. Development and execution of training and education on standard project management requirements and methods, facilitating project governance and reporting, and creating models to improve business decisions
7. Efforts typically include extensive changes to existing functionality or the implementation of new applications and/or technology.