Job ID: FL-138567 (97490822)
Project Manager (PMP) with MS Project, agile/iterative/waterfall and business processes experience
Location: 500 South Duval Street Tallahassee, FL (FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION)
Duration: 10 months
Interview: Skype or In-person
Positions: 1 (1/2)
At minimum, this staff augmentation position requires the following qualifications –
• EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other
Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.
• CERTIFICATION: Project Management Professional (PMP)
– 5+ years’ experience in IT project management, specifically in managing medium-t-large
scale software application development projects.
– 5+ years’ experience in managing multiple projects concurrently.
– 5+ years’ experience in developing and maintaining detailed project schedules using
– In-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing
the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software projects and
– Documented and proven ability to formulate project plans for managing and monitoring
progress on software development projects; to think logically and to analyze and solve
problems; compile, organize and analyze data; to evaluate and monitor projects, plans
and schedules and implement corrective action plans;
– Solid understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies (e.g., waterfall,
iterative, agile, etc.)
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
– Excellent presentation skills
– Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
– Ability to focus stakeholders on outcomes to make most efficient use of time
– Ability to manage change resistance
– Ability to facilitate updates to the organization’s business processes by business process
– Ability to understand and solve complex problems
– Ability to facilitate outcome-based discussions with multiple program areas
– Experience implementing change initiatives
– Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– Strong customer service orientation
– Strong organization skills
– PMP Certification
PREFERRED Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs)
– Familiarity with environmental related data such as permitting, water qualityrestoration.
– Familiarity with analytics platforms and their ability to produce descriptive, diagnpredictive and prescriptive results.
– Familiarity with accounting, financial management, and ledger systems
– Experience implementing large and complex IT systems
– Knowledge and understanding of DEP’s technical environment.