Job id : NC-531454 (98590622)
Project Manager (PMP must) with ITIL, MS Project and cloud implementation/migration experience
Location: 501 N. Wilmington St. Raleigh NC 27604 (NCDOR)
Duration: 12 months
Interview – In Person
Required / Desired Skills
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Proven experience in delivering projects on-time, within budget, as designed, that meet the customer requirements. Required 7 Years
Demonstrated understanding of the Project Management Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK®, PMI’s Project Management Standard, PM tools and templates. Required 7 Years
Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methodologies is preferred Desired 7 Years
Well versed in delivery of IT projects from requirements, through design, build, test and train Required 7 Years
Leadership on complex projects. Well-developed facilitation skills are required. Required 7 Years
Utilization of past experience in creative resolution of resource gaps, development of workarounds, and budget shortfalls Required 7 Years
Consultative services that support the project team, sponsors and other stakeholders on the strategies for moving project forward Required 7 Years
Ability to work with customers to build and sustain a trusted advisor relationship by applying expertise and knowledge to achieve sustainable results. Required 7 Years
Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Required 7 Years
PMP certification is required Required 7 Years
Experience in cloud implementations/migrations from on premise solutions. Desired 7 Years
The North Carolina Department of Revenue has a need for an experienced IT Project Manager. This position will be responsible for managing a single project to upgrade an existing tax system to the vendors cloud based solution. The Project Manager will follow established processes within the NC Department of Revenue, as well as processes defined and required by the Statewide Enterprise Project Management Office in their role as an oversight organization.
The Project Manager will:
• Manage and direct a large upgrade project (i.e., including procurement, resource acquisition, budgeting; developing, monitoring and controlling schedules; identifying and resolving issues and risks; and communicating status to stakeholders)
• Work on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors to achieve best results.
• Work effectively with internal and external clients, third party vendors, and senior management in accomplishing project objectives.
• Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer.
• Work closely with the Project Sponsor(s) and Governance Committees to facilitate decisions necessary for project delivery.
• Manage effective project oversight and reviews to affect project success.
• Develop and maintain project documentation including schedules/timelines and various detailed plans for Communication, Risk Management, Deployment and others as required.
• Develop and maintain "lessons-learned" for utilization on future projects.
• Resolve political, resource, budgeting, change, and legal issues affecting the project.
• Oversee change requests associated with the project.
• Oversee vendor relations and procurement related to the project
• Drive project work to completion
• Develop and maintain status reports, decision and issue logs.