Job ID: WA-1478-16-ALP (99990109)
Project Manager (PMP msut) with PMO, ITIL and SharePoint experience
Location: 401 5th Avenue Seattle, WA (King County) In-person interview mandatory
Duration: 6 months
Deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to the following: By 02/28/2017:
• Assessment of existing Project Management Methodology (PMM) support tools & processes
• Recommendations for improvement in PMM support tools & processes
• Assessment of existing PMM SharePoint/Website
• Documented and Implemented PMM support processes. These materials will be signed off by the PMO Manager, available on the PMO SharePoint and communicated to all Project Managers.
• Upgraded PMM SharePoint/Website
Additional duties may be assigned as needed by the PMO Manager.
The requirement is for a single, Senior project / program manager with PMO COE experience. PMI certification is required. Knowledge of ITIL based organizations and processes is preferred. Project Manager willl be required to be onsite full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the engagement
As part of our continuos improvement in King County Information Technology (KCIT), we are creating a Center of Excellence (COE) within the KCIT Project Management Office (PMO). The County needs a highly experienced project manager to help establish the COE and assist with other PMO service improvements, including but not limited to the creation of a revised IT Delivery framework. This project manager will be expected to be onsite 40 hours a week for the duration of the engagement
Scope of Work
The project manager’s role will be to play an integral part in the creation of a Center of Excellence with the Project Management Office that provides coaching and mentoring on best practices for project managers, work with the PMO Manager to assess and improve exisitng PM practices and skill levels, and review and revise the existing PMO Sharepoint
Requirements for this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Establish processes and tools to operate a PMO Center of Excellence following industry best practicies and standards (PMI)
• Coach & Mentor Project Managers on best practices and support them in following these best practicies. These might be one on one or group sessions.
• Identify and address overlaps and gaps between PMO, Resource Planning and IT Governance
• Drive the implementation of project phase gates – Implementation Readiness review and
• Assist in the assessment of existing methodologies and support processes
• Work with PMO Manager and consultant to contribute to the definition of a revised IT Delivery Framework
• Assist with recruiting a full time COE Manager
• Update exisitng PMO Sharepoint to achieve a single source for all methods, practices and templates