Job Id: NC-572833 (9859816)
Project Manager (PMP/CSM/ACP/CPO) with business performance analysis, MS Project, QA, architecture/infrastructure, java/.net, agile and healthcare experience
Location: Raleigh, NC (NCDHHS-PMO)
Duration: 12 Months
Agency Interview Type: Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Required / Desired Skills
At least 7 years of project management experience, preferably with large, complex automation implementation efforts in an Agile development framework Required 7 Years
Minimum of 7 years of experience managing projects implementing large multi client n-tier client/server systems Required 7 Years
Proven track record of delivering IT projects within budget, scope and schedule. Required 7 Years
Objective decision-making ability based on strategic objectives priority, business performance analysis and resource availability. Required
Hands on experience managing project risk, cost, schedule, quality, testing, and communications Required
Solid work experience with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) Required 7 Years
Hands on experience managing application acceptance testing. Required 5 Years
Demonstrated technical architecture/infrastructure knowledge and experience with multiple hardware platforms and operating systems Required
Experience with MS Office. Required
PMI certification Project Management Professional (PMP) Highly desired
Demonstrated presentation and training skills. Required
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Required
Solid work experience managing implementation projects in the healthcare arena working with multiple statkeholders Highly desired 7 Years
Solid work experience managing projects implementing healthcare systems including applicable data transmission and interface requirements Required 7 Years
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) or Certified Product Owner (CPO) Highly desired
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Project Management Office is seeking a short term Expert Project Manager to lead the development and implementation of a complex IT solution within an Agile program delivery structure. The person must demonstrate an extensive track record managing projects delivering large projects within a complex, matrix organization. Required to have extensive knowledge and experience managing projects for developing systems using the Agile Scrum framework. Must have excellent communications skills, must be well organized and exhibit excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
Position duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide leadership in managing a large scale, complex project within the Agile Scrum framework.
• Ability to work with Scrum teams to develop project plans, roadmaps, and manage the product (feature) backlog.
• Knowledge and competency in the project schedule building process, including techniques for estimation, developing contingency and Agile product/feature backlog.
• Manage the critical day-to-day operational elements of assigned project including: project vision/objectives, financials, scope, quality, schedule, resourcing, vendor management, dependencies, risks, status reporting, stakeholder engagement, business readiness/organizational change management, value realization necessary to deliver specified requirements, objectives and value.
• Document the project charter, roles, tasks and measures of success.
• Provide leadership by facilitating project definition, planning, budgeting, scheduling and resource planning to accomplish project objectives while managing applicable scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
• Ensure smooth project progression by effectively defining/managing the project plan (MPP), phase gate reviews, change requests and stakeholder status reporting.
• Provide leadership, vision and direction for both project team and business partners while working cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes and ensure appropriate and professional communication among stakeholders.
• Manage projects throughout the project lifecycle. Evaluate progress and quality, manage issue resolution process and take corrective action, as necessary.
• Ensure adherence to DHHS IT Division Project Management Office and other applicable state/federal policies and procedures.
• Develop quality business relationships so that client needs can be anticipated and addressed.
• Proactively develop innovative approaches, risk mitigation strategies and quality control.
• Actively engage in development or oversight of the development of all documentation for project.
The position requires the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as skills to facilitate communication, team focus, influence, service-oriented, problem-solving, analytic thinking, planning, personal development and decisiveness. Using these attributes, the candidate will communicate individual roles and project/program expectations for both internal and external teams, develop detailed project plans and schedules, provide work direction and leadership to assigned projects or programs including sub projects and at times, individual project members; including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts using a strong blend of Project Management business analysis and technical experience. This position also monitors and audits project or program milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule and identifies ways to resolve schedule issues, provides required project status reporting, assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.