Job ID: MI-558325 (97190425)
Project Manager/Coordinator (PMP) with MS Project/Changepoint, version control and PMM/SEM/SUITE/CMMI experience
Location: 7150 Harris Drive Dimondale, MI
Duration: 12 months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
Information Technology Background Required 3 Years
Excellent communication and Project coordinating skills Required 3 Years
Expert skill level in using Microsoft products ( Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) Required 5 Years
Strong skills in project scheduling utilizing a project scheduling and portfolio management tool such as MS Project, Changepoint etc. Highly desired 3 Years
Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Or Equivalent Highly desired 1 Years
Initially this position will be working as a Project Coordinator and shall provide day-to-day coordination of project tasks. The project coordinator maintains version control and provides administrative support for project management information system. Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and third parties. Experience with similar scale roles and organizations. The project coordinator is task focused. Works under the direction of the project manager and reports to a project and program manager.
As this position gains working knowledge of the area, small independent projects will be given to this position to manage.
Primary role and responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
• Updates Project status, issues/risks, next steps, accomplishment, budget etc. in Portfolio and Project Management tool on a weekly basis.
• Reviews required project documents and completes a QA on those documents and follows thru to remediate any QA findings.
• Prepares, maintain and update Project Schedule on a regular basis
• Schedule Project meetings and take Meeting Notes & Publish
• Create project artifacts in various capacities
• Works closely with Program manager and serves as a backup person to the Sr. Project Manager/Program Manager, as needed
• Provide project management for project activities to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget and within scope.
• Define project scope, duration, resources and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
• Provide project management for project scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
• Follow the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), based on Industry standard PMI framework and SEI’s CMMI framework.
• Utilize the State’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool (Changepoint) on all projects.
• Plans and coordinates work with teams. Designs and implements project plans. Generally work with other IT managers and IT technical teams. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports and matrix for upper management regarding status of project.