Job ID: MI-585173 (913290115)
Program Manager (PMP) with PPM, SUITE experience and masters degree
Location: Lansing MI (CSS)
Duration: 12 months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Experience in successfully managing Information Technology (IT) projects (full project life cycle) whose total portfolio was greater than $3,000,000 Required 3 Years
Coordinates and controls the end to end process of capturing all key project artifacts for projects. Required 3 Years
Manages multiple projects to ensure conformity to established budgets, timelines and scope Required 3 Years
Ability to be a single point of contact for a portfolio for a particular bureau/agency. Nice to have 3 Years
Master’s Degree Required
• Provides project control support and coordinates the work of the PCO staff implementing solutions to meet the customer requirements and supports the customer’s on-going system engineering life-cycle processes. Responsible for supporting all project delivery work in accordance with required methodology (such as the State of Michigan’s State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) methodology), and following all standard project management industry standards such as PMI’s framework.
• Coordinates and controls the end to end process of capturing all key project artifacts, including but not limited to: business cases, project charters, baselined project schedules, project management plans, change requests, status reports, lessons learned. May require consistent utilization of the State of Michigan’s SUITE methodology and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool.
• Raises identified issues and risks to the appropriate senior management level including the Project Management Office (PMO) for action inclusive of description of the issue, comprehensive analysis of options and recommendation for remediation.
• Manages multiple projects execution to ensure conformity to established budgets, timelines and scope.
• Works with the stakeholders, including the PMO to facilitate project governance effectiveness through weekly status reporting, project/portfolio data, regular governance meetings, etc.