Job ID: UT-53441 (99990509)
PowerBuilder Developer with Power Script, JSON, SQL Server, Sybase, Appeon, SharePoint, CSOM, REST, PHP, ASP, VB, Ajax and financial/funding management/education experience
Location: Salt Lake City UT (USBE)
Duration: 1-5 years
Positions: 2 (2/4)
Documents: Attached candidate response form, RTR, 3 references
CATEGORY QUALIFICATIONS CANDIDATE RESPONSE
1. Degree Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s at minimum degree that included 15 semester hours in statistics or mathematics beyond pre-calculus. Alternatively, courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing may be sufficient. Enter your response here.
3. Attention to detail Candidates must demonstrate the ability to be thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Enter your response here.
4. Customer service Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Enter your response here.
5. Communication Candidates must demonstrate the ability to express information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); make clear and convincing oral presentations; listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues, and respond appropriately by written and oral means. Enter your response here.
6. Problem-solving Candidates must demonstrate the ability identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Enter your response here.
7. Financial principles Candidate must possess strong understanding of financial principles, to include funding management principles and practices, and tracking methodologies. Enter your response here.
Looking for a strong development candidate to perform sustainment and needed modification of the Utah State Board of Education (USBE) Budget and Accounting System for Education (BASE) application. Candidate must possess strong understanding of financial principles, to include funding management principles and practices, and tracking methodologies. Candidate must have experience developing and maintaining systems using Powerbuilder Integrated Development Environment (IDE), Powerscript, JSON, XML, SQL Server, Sybase tools, Appeon tools, Microsoft Excel, and Mail Merging Functionality.
• Prepares a wide variety of design, programming, and documentation tasks necessary for the development, implementation, and sustainment of IT applications
• Develops and maintains software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and IT management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions
• Develops logic and implements secure coding solutions to prevent/mitigate coding vulnerabilities such a SQL-Injection and cross-site scripting
• Creates normalized database tables and SQL queries in MS SQL Server, other Relational Database Management Systems and database tools
• Performs basic database administration tasks, performance optimization, index optimization, and writes advanced select queries
• Plans and coordinates the development of data structures, identifies specific data elements to be used in the system, designs, develops or modifies relational databases
• Follows prescribed USBE data standards, policies and procedures, information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices
• Prepares project plans, functional requirements, charters, time-lines, coordinates meetings, budgets, statements of work, standard operating procedures, status reports, cost benefit analysis and resource utilization estimates
• Assists in the development and completion of Problem Statements and Business Case Analysis
• Oversees the coordination of the installation, testing, operating, troubleshooting, and maintenance of systems
• Works with customers to identify report requirements to translate data elements from the database to workable reports for the end-users and upper management
• Evaluates and provides guidance to project team members on the process employed in the analysis, design, documentation, and testing and/or evaluation of systems or segments of systems
• Applies understanding of financial principles, to include funding management principles and practices, and tracking methodologies to system development and sustainment activities