Job ID: TX-304130313 (913590718)
PeopleSoft FSCM/HCM Consultant with PeopleCode, PeopleTools, Application Designer/Engine, SQL, PS Query, SQR, Oracle, Security, data integration, CAPPS, cloud, Taleo and government experience
Location: Austin TX (CPA)
Duration: 60 months
7 Experience with PeopleSoft FSCM or HCM (Last 3 years 9.1 or higher), PeopleTools (Last 5 years 8.51 or higher), Security, PeopleCode, Application Designer, SQL, PS Query, SQR, Application Engine and Oracle 11 or higher
7 Proven proficiency and working knowledge with Security protocols, tools, reports, processes and practices
5 Experience managing or leading technical projects
5 Experience preparing materials for and conducting executive presentations
3 Knowledge of secure software development best practices, standards and procedures
3 Extensive knowledge of/experience with data integration, data quality, and SDLC processes and methodology
3 Extensive experience with highly complex application security requirements
3 Experience with Texas Statewide Systems and/or CAPPS
2 Experience working within an environment with a managed service provider
2 Experience with supporting PeopleSoft implementations and production systems
2 Experience with supporting cloud implementations and production systems
2 Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively on diverse teams (e.g., portfolio/project managers, domain experts, users, and software engineering team)
2 Proficient with the Microsoft Windows and Office products
2 Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government).
1 Experience with Oracle/Taleo cloud applications, specifically Recruit and Learn modules
As a CAPPS Security Engineer, the Worker will perform highly advanced (senior level) security engineer work in support of CPA’s Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS). CAPPS Security Engineer will perform work that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Performs highly advanced (senior-level) security-related research and technical analysis work in support of CPA’s Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) and the ERP program;
• Performs research, technical analysis, recommendation, configuration, and administration of systems and procedures to ensure the protection of information processed, stored or transmitted;
• Provides security design, consultation, and technology governance oversight for various projects and initiatives;
• Contributes to design of CAPPS security approach and security roles;
• Performs impact analysis of security actions;
• Identify security implications of CAPPS application changes;
• Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge;
• Acts as security information liaison and subject matter expert (SME) to various CAPPS business units and information technology departments;
• Provides knowledge and experience with security-related policy and best practices such as NIST standards and certifications such as CISSP;
• Provides knowledge and experience with the Identity Access Management (IAM) layer and its interactions with application-level security;
• Provides knowledge and experience related to common attack patterns and exploitation techniques;
• Acts as a resource for security-related direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff;
• Produces technical documentation;
• Assists with and supports security-related testing activities, as needed (e.g., system, UAT, accessibility, performance, etc.);
• Assists with and supports security-related application upgrade and deployment activities (e.g., PeopleSoft image, PeopleSoft Fluid, PeopleTools, etc.);
• Assists with security-related special project support provided to internal and/or external customers as needed;
• Provides security-related technical assistance and expertise to CPA during product/services procurement activities; and
• Performs other related work as assigned.
• Must be able to work with Customers, Project managers, Business SME’s, IT SMEs and vendors.
• Must have Technical expertise with PeopleSoft, Oracle and AIX or Linux to ensure support for CAPPS customers.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must collaborate with SMEs, various stakeholders and fellow developers to design, develop, implement and support complex business solutions.
• Must be able to work independently in a team environment with local and remote teams.
• Must possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary.
• Perform related work as assigned.