Job ID: UT-69050 (90090220)
Part-time .Net Developer with C#, JSON, CSOm, REST, ASP.net, vB, Ajax, SQL Server/Oracle, mobile development, SQL-Injection and inde optimization experience
Location: Salt Lake City (UT) BOE
Duration: 6 months to 5 years (20 hours/week)
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Interview: In-person or webcam/phone
Candidates must possess a degree including 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics). Alternatively, courses in methods of processing mass statistical data, such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing, may be sufficient.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to be thorough when performing work and to be conscientious about attending to detail.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work with clients and customers (i.e., any individual who uses or receives the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public and individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations. Candidates must also demonstrate knowledge about available products and services, as well as a commitment to providing quality products and services.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to express orally or in writing information (e.g., ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (e.g., technical, sensitive, controversial); to make clear and convincing oral presentations; and to listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues, and respond appropriately.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives; and make recommendations.
• Prepare a wide variety of design, programming, and documentation tasks necessary for the development, implementation, and sustainment of IT applications
• Develop software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and IT management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes
• Perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes
• Debug, test, and deploy software solutions
• Develop logic and implement secure coding solutions to prevent/mitigate coding vulnerabilities such as SQL-Injection and cross-site scripting
• Create normalized database tables and SQL queries in MS SQL Server, Oracle, and other RDMS and database tools
• Perform basic database administration tasks, performance optimization, index optimization; write advanced select queries
• Plan and coordinate the development of data structures; identify specific data elements to be used in the system; design, develop, or modify relational databases
• Follow prescribed data standards, policies and procedures, information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices
• Prepare project plans, functional requirements, charters, and timelines
• Coordinate meetings, budgets, statements of work, SOPs, status reports, cost-benefit analyses, and resource utilization estimates
• Assist in the development and completion of Problem Statements and Business Case Analysis
• Oversee the coordination of the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of systems
• Work with customers to identify report requirements to translate data elements from the database to workable reports for end users and upper management
• Evaluate and provide guidance to project team members on the process employed in the analysis, design, documentation, testing, and/or evaluation of systems or segments of systems