Job ID: FL-112167-Oracle (98491222)12P
Oracle/Java Developer with PL/SQL, ETL, DW, Spatial data, UML, GIS, Agile/Scrum and environmental regulatory experience
Location: Tallahassee, FL (Florida Department of Environmental Protection)
Duration: 18-30 months
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAS)
– 6+ years’ experience with Oracle PL/SQL
– 6+ years’ experience generating complex database objects and in creating/updating packages, procedures and function
– 2+ years’ experience creating and supporting data warehouse implementations and related data marts (this includes designing and developing Extract-Transform-Load [ETL] processes for data warehouses, gathering requirements, and designing databases)
– Expert knowledge of relational database designs
– Experience leveraging (Oracle) Spatial data
– Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
– Experience with database query tools (i.e., TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator)
– Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
– Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
– Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify
potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
– Ability to work independently
– Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
– Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
– Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAS)
– Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban.
– Experience in web development leveraging AJAX, XML, HTML and CSS
– Experience leveraging various Java Frameworks (including Struts2, Tiles, Servlets/JSP, JPA/Hibernate, and Spring)
– Experience with responsive design frameworks (preferably Bootstrap)
– Experience using code repositories (preferably GitLab)
– Experience using continuous integration tools (preferably Jenkins)
– Experience implementing GIS (Geographic Information System) applications
– Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices.
– Knowledge and understanding of DEP’s technical environment.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.
REQUIRED TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
– Provide maintenance, enhancement and support for a variety of the agency’s business applications.
– Generate complex database objects; create/update database packages, procedures and functions
– Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
– Research and document requirements of program users.
– Write, translate and code software programs and applications per specifications.
– Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
– Assemble performance statistics, performs analysis, and makes recommendations for improvements
– Work with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
– Provide mentoring and guidance to junior programmers.