Oracle DBA with Data Modeling, PL/SQL, RAC, Data Warehousing, ITIL / ITSM / Managed Services / DevOps / SOA and healthcare/medicaid/government experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12 Months
The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects for the State of South Carolina. It is a multi-year effort to replace the State’s aging MMIS, eligibility system, and related applications with a modern, service oriented architecture based system. The Client is planning a multi-vendor approach, which will demand exceptionally high quality team members.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The MMIS Data Modeler is responsible for managing all technical aspects of engineering and the software development life-cycle (SDLC) for a replacement MMIS. The project is a multi-year effort that will be one of the largest IT projects in the State. The State plans to conduct a multi-vendor design and development effort.
• Installs and configures database software, creates data models, develops naming conventions and DB change control procedures;
• Assist Enterprise Architect with overall planning needs for the database design and data modeling;
• Ensure databases are accessible to mission applications, troubleshoot database related issues. Support database operations and work closely with application and infrastructure group for MMIS Replacement initiatives.
• Provide formal and/or information training in DBMS administration and maintenance, database design, analysis, and management.
• Contribute to service design for a service oriented architecture (SOA)-based system
• Other related activities.
* Manage database architecture, interconnections, and schemas for the storage and retrieval of MMIS information in a high transaction rate, mission critical 24×7 environments.
* Database planning, scaling, and capacity planning activities
* Database design, index creation, database optimization, and performance tuning
* Design and implement new data models, tables, and schemas to support new functionality as the business demands
* Administration and management of all database software patches and upgrades
* Ensure high availability, backup, and recovery of production databases
* Support the database application programming activities of the development group
* Work with developers to move test code into production
* Develop PL/SQL stored procedures to support applications
* Proven ability to manage a database infrastructure in a high transaction/high availability environment
* Knowledge and experience with database maintenance
* Strong skills in database protection, backup, and recovery (RMAN, DataGuard, etc…)
* Oracle RAC and other high availability architectures experience
* Data Warehousing experience (desired, but not required)
* Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to production of high quality documentation
* Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
* Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to perform in all of the basic database management skills of database administration, Web connectivity, physical structure, overall architecture, and database analysis
• Strong background in database planning, scaling, and capacity planning activities
• Experience in the design and application of service-oriented architectures.
• Experience in database design and data modeling.
• Experience in database design, index creation, database optimization, and performance tuning.
• Strong understanding of software development life-cycles and how to adapt the proper life-cycle to a specific system or project.
• Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to give presentations to executive management. Strong proficiency in English is required.
• Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
• Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience in a healthcare insurance environment (Medicaid preferred).
• Public sector procurement experience is a plus.
• Experience with Data Warehouses and/or Data Marts – Database Administration experience – Oracle or SQL certification
Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, or another related field is required.
5+ years of relational database experience- 5+ Data Modeling (Physical/Logical) experience- 5+ years of experience working with Data Base Administrators and development teams
Exposure to ITIL / ITSM / Managed Services / DevOps / SOA operational models
Criminal Record – 7 Year History
Credit Report – 7 Year History