Request ID: IN-8477-1 (913491114)
Network/Telecom Engineer (ITIL) with Active Directory, Aruba CleasPass, network performance/monitoring and VoIP experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12 Months
Remote Work Availability: 25%
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. 7+ years of experience of installation, configuration, and management of common network hardware and configurations including routers, switches, WAPs, load balancers, firewalls, and VPN appliances
2. 5+ years of experience with maximizing network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with system architects on network optimization.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Telephony/ VoIP: Experience serving as a team lead or other leadership role for a technical team.
2. 5+ years of experience with firewall configuration and management
1. ITIL Foundation certification
2. Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field
Networking & Directories 1,000+ user environment Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Networking & Directories Active Directory Yes 1 Lead Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Networking & Directories Aruba CleasPass Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Networking & Directories user access permissions and role based access controls Yes 3 Expert Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Networking & Directories User access policies Yes 3 Expert Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Additional Skills: Excellent documentation and communication skills.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Network Consultant will be technically proficient in their area and will act as a point of reference for the team on technical issues, as well as be a leader who mentors other less experienced engineers. This project requires work on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
This position ensures the proper day-to-day operations of internal & external connectivity as well as systems security while performing analysis/work using independent judgment.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Network Consultant will perform installations, repairs, upgrades, backups, and other maintenance tasks for all server network equipment. Daily duties will include using technical and non-technical skills such as problem solving, IT knowledge, proxy servers, networking knowledge, network design and implementation, network troubleshooting, network hardware configuration & network performance.
This position does require after hours and/or on-call work.
1. Utilize expertise in creating network and enterprise-wide solutions that are highly available, fault tolerant, secure solutions.
2. Perform the configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrade of IT services and products.
3. Troubleshoot failures and identifies problems.
4. Network and server analysis, design, installation, configuration, and support.
5. Maintain diagrams and other documentation.
6. Support the voice team and server team with IT tasks.
7. Design, administration and support of a co-location for disaster recovery.
8. Design, implement and administer fail-over and load-balancing solutions.
9. Collect and analyze data for performance and capacity of the IT infrastructure and its components
10. Identify critical components for proactive monitoring and alerting
11. Extensive knowledge of Internet Protocols, communication protocols, data and network security
12. Network Performance Monitoring and Troubleshooting
13. Define and document a process to ensure that the components that make up a production service have adequate capacity and scalability to handle anticipated workloads
Current experience with maturing IT programs, regardless of industry, is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight.
Experience must include interpersonal competencies such as:
1. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written for audiences from all levels within the organization, both business and technical.
2. Active and attentive listening skills.
3. Strong customer service skills.
4. Attention to detail.
5. Team player and self-driven.
Experience must include self-management competencies such as:
1. Organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
2. Good analytical skills.
3. Strong troubleshooting skills.
4. Ability to comprehend technical instructions and correspondence
1. Ability to perform moderately-complex network design and integration.
2. Ability to troubleshoot and remediate issues in a complex, voice-integrated infrastructure.
3. Strong information assurance skill set (i.e., auditing, security, DR, availability, etc.)
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Visio
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Installation, configuration, and management of common software and hardware
2. Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, Bizagi, Atlassian products and other products as needed to document ITS processes and procedures
3. Serve as a lead and/or SME for information assurance activities such as auditing, security, Disaster Recovery, availability, etc.
4. Maximize IT infrastructure performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with system architects on network optimization.
5. Provide planning, security analysis and implementation, definition and coordination of standards
6. Other duties as assigned. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform other duties as requested by management. Adherence to all policies, to include Information Security Program policies, is a requirement of the job duties. The agency reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.