Request ID: BL-9563-1 (95391103)
Network Technician (CCNA must) with network devices installation/configuration, PC support, Wireless, Cisco IOS and higher education experience
Location: North Charleston SC
Duration: 8 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
Initial round of phone interviews with in-person interview preferred before final selection
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Hands-on experience installating and supporting Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 network devices.
Hands-on PC support experience
Ability to work high-volume fast paced projects
Strong communication skills
Strong customer service skills
Ability to work independently with limited supervision and prioritize workload
Technical and business writing
Ability to configure network connected peripherals.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Wireless network knowledge and hands-on experience.
Experience building Cisco IOS networks
Firewall configuration and general operating knowledge.
Knowledge of higher education business processes and systems
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Associate Degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience
Education Associate’s Degree Yes 1
Miscellaneous CCNA Yes 1
Networking & Directories CISCO HARDWARE ADMINISTRATION Yes 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Networking & Directories Cisco ISE Yes 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Networking & Directories Local Area Network (LAN) Yes 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Protocols Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM Yes 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Specialties Cisco Yes 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Specialties Network Engineering experience Yes 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Additional Skills: Ability to configure network connected peripherals.
Remote Work Availability: 0%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The project scope includes assisting Division of Information Technology – Infrastructure Services with the following activities:
• Preparing Desktop PCs, Printers and other network devices for network address changes
• Recabling Network closets as needed
• Deploying, Testing, and Troubleshooting Cisco Network Switches
• Deploying, Testing, and Troubleshooting Wireless Access Points
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This Network Technician’s responsibilities would include, but is not limited to:
• Configuring networking on End-User PCs.
• Configuring networking on printers and other network devices.
• Provides input on network planning and projects.
• Install Network Switches in closets during scheduled downtimes or before/after business hours. Recable as nesessary for function or aesthetics.
• Install and test wired and wireless network connectivity and proper operation.
• Work with end users to work with their schedule, provide excellent customer service.
• Collaborates with areas across campus and with other IT teams.
• Provides time and cost estimates.