Job ID: MS-82094 (90090223)3P
Network Engineer with vulnerability assessments, NAC, HPE/Cisco/Aruba routers/switches, FortiGate Firewall UTM, SolarWinds Orion NMS and Avaya/Polycom VoIP experience
Location: 1235 Echelon Parkway Jackson Jackson MS (MDES) on-site from the start of project – no remote
Duration: 6 months
Positions: 1 (1/1)
TRAVEL: Occasionally – in state only
• 10+ years experience supporting LAN, WAN and associated systems support experience
• 10+ years experience with Enterprise-Grade routers required
• 10+ years experience with Enterprise-Grade switches required
• 10+ years experience with Enterprise-Grade Wireless Local Area Networks required
• 10+ years experience with Firewall and Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliances required
• 5 years of experience with performing vulnerability assessments and incorporating automated benchmarks
• Experience with NAC (Network Access Control) software required
• Experience with Network Monitoring System (NMS) software required
• Experience with HPE and Cisco routers preferred
• Experience with Aruba, HPE, or Cisco switches preferred
• Experience with Aruba or Cisco wireless LAN technologies
• Experience with FortiGate Firewall and UTM appliances preferred
• Experience with SolarWinds Orion NMS platform preferred
• Experience with Avaya or Polycom Voice over IP (VoIP) systems preferred
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security is seeking a Network Administrator. Under the direction of the Office of Technology Support and Innovation Director, this position directs the operations of the Agency Local Area (LAN), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and Wide Area (WAN) Networks in order to provide the Agency with the network infrastructure needed to support the business needs of the organization and to meet and exceed the expectations of the user base.
This position description is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude the agency from assigning additional network scope related functions during the contractual time.
• Design, Install, Maintain, Monitor, Troubleshoot and Repair of the entire Agency Network Infrastructure.
• Configure and manage network routers, switches, wireless access points and firewalls as well as any other associated network devices to support the Agency LAN, WLAN and WAN.
• Monitor health and performance of network devices and network links to ensure optimum service delivery.
• Plan and Design networks for new locations or to reconfigure existing ones.
• Coordinate with other technical staff and external vendors to resolve problems.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement new technology, equipment, or applications to enhance the operations and efficiency of the agency network
• Provide High-Level support to assist in resolution of escalated help desk issues related to network issues
• Provide tertiary support to assist with and resolve difficult and often complex technical situations involving multiple variables when all technical levels have been exhausted.
• Escalate problems to third party manufacturer support personnel if needed to resolve issue.