ID: IN- 8823-1 (910590710)
Network Engineer with Routers, Switches, WAPs, load balancers, firewalls, VPNE, Cisco, Juniper SRX, Firewall, Wireless, cabling, Change management, Telephony/ VoIP, F5 LTM, Aruba, Windows Server, Solarwinds, Forescout, Wireshark, Brocade and CCNA, JNCIS, PCCSA Experience
Duration: 12+ months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 5+ years of experience of installation, configuration, and management of common network hardware and configurations including Routers, Switches, WAPs, load balancers, firewalls, and VPN appliances
• 5+ years of experience with maximizing network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with system architects on network optimization.
• 3-5 years of network engineering experience
• Advanced in switching and routing configuration and design
• Experience with Cisco Switching
• Experience with Juniper SRX
• Palo Alto Firewall Administration
• 2 – 3 years Experience with Wireless Network Administration
• Understanding of Network Security best practices
• Data Center management experience ( physically replace equipment, cabling, power, etc…)
• Working with Change management processes and procedures
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written for audiences from all levels within the organization, both business and technical.
• Other duties as assigned
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Telephony/ VoIP: Experience serving as a team lead or other leadership role for a technical team.
• 5+ years of experience with firewall configuration and management
• Strong knowledge of common telco requirements and processes, including the ability to work directly with technical and administrative telco representatives.
• Strong understanding and practical experience with technologies such as MPLS, VPNs and traffic engineering
• Experience with Brocade Switching
• Windows Server administration and troubleshooting
• Experience with F5 LTM
• Experience with Aruba Clearpass
• Aruba Wireless Controller and Access Point experience
• Solarwinds Admin
• BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, ENGINEERING OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
• YEARS OF EXPERIENCE CAN SUBSTITUTE FOR FORMAL EDUCATION.
• CCNA, JNCIS, PCCSA
Skills Required :
Network Security wireshark No 1 Intermediate Within 1 Year 2 – 4 Years
Networking & Directories CISCO SWITCHES Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Networking & Directories Juniper SRX240 Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Networking & Directories VOIP No 1 Intermediate Within 1 Year 2 – 4 Years
Protocols Firewall Yes 1 Intermediate Within 1 Year 4 – 6 Years
Software Framwork SolarWinds No 1 Intermediate Within 1 Year 2 – 4 Years
Specialties Network Engineering experience Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Network Engineer will perform installations, repairs, upgrades, backups, and other maintenance tasks for all LAN/WAN network equipment. Daily duties will include using technical and non-technical skills such as problem solving, network design and implementation, network troubleshooting, network hardware configuration & network performance. Monitoring Enterprise LAN/WAN knowledge and experience.
This position does require after hours and/or on-call work. Some interstate travel required.
• Utilize expertise in creating network and enterprise-wide solutions that are highly available, fault tolerant network solutions. Implementation of network design and architectural strategy.
• Perform the configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrade of networking products.
• Troubleshoot network failures and identifies network problems.
• Network analysis, design, installation, configuration, and support.
• Maintain network diagrams and other network documentation.
• Identify critical network components for proactive monitoring and alerting
• Extensive knowledge of Internet Protocols, communication protocols, data and network security
• Installation, configuration, and management of common network hardware and configurations including routers, switches, WAPs, load balancers, and VPN appliances
• Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with system architects on network optimization.
• Provide configuration, troubleshooting and problem resolution support for switches, routers, Load Balancers, VPN, firewalls, etc.
• Troubleshoot and remediate issues in a complex, voice-integrated infrastructure.
• Other duties as assigned. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform other duties as requested by management. Adherence to all policies, to include Information Security Program policies, is a requirement of the job duties. The agency reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.