Job ID: NC-585161 (99390314)
Network Engineer with Genetec Security Center, VMS/Access Control, ServiceNow and video surveillance/IP Cameras installation experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDOT)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/6)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
BS/BA or equivalent work background or IT experience with VMS and Access Control solutions on a unified platform in a non-federated environment. Required 5 Years
Experience with Service Now. Required 5 Years
Experience with Networking concepts, troubleshooting skills, including an understanding of DHCP, networking ports on switches and firewall rules. Required 5 Years
Experience with installation and service of video surveillance equipment and IP Cameras. Required 5 Years
Strong working knowledge of office applications, i.e. MS Excel, MS Word, Visio, MS Access and PowerPoint. Required 5 Years
Written and verbal communications are clear, concise and achieve intended objectives. Required 5 Years
Experience with Genetec Security Center Desired 3 Years
The Technical Specialist is a senior level resource with specialized knowledge and experience in a specific technology. The Technical Specialist has an overall knowledge and understanding of application development and architecture that serves as a strong base for technical expertise in a specific product or program. Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty. Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/ products.
• Support the Enterprise Application team by documenting, monitoring and validating the installation and configuration of the Genetec Security Center application and hardware.
• Software and hardware include Genetec Omnicast and Synergis software, Wisenet Device Manager software, video servers, Hanwha IP cameras, Access Control devices including HID Readers, Mercury Board Intelligent Controllers and LifeSafety Power boxes and system peripheral devices; other solutions and their software and/or hardware may apply.
• Assist the Enterprise Application team by troubleshooting installation/configuration issues for Genetec Omnicast and Synergis software, Wisenet Device Manager software, SV300 video servers, Fujitsu video servers, Hanwha IP cameras, Access Control devices including HID Readers, Mercury Board Intelligent Controllers (1501 & 1502), Mercury Board MR52, and MR51es and LifeSafety Power boxes and system peripheral devices; other solutions and their software and/or hardware may apply.
• Receive, log and fully document requests for support from help desk using ServiceNow. Must have the ability to capture incidents and resolve incidents within ServiceNow and issues identified by the Application Owner with the ability to document resolution(s) providing weekly status reports to Management.
• Monitor progress of resolution of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
• Coordinate with the IT Application team and with other NCDIT Transportation disciplines to resolve all technical issues.
• Communicate technical information to a variety of internal management and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
• Maintain and update as needed the document(s) which details the information architecture, IPs, MAC addresses, serial numbers, host names, building locations, installation documents, configuration documents and all other project documents required for the Enterprise Applications team.
• Draft equipment list based on quote from vendor.