Request ID: BL-9561-1 (96391103)
Network Engineer with datacenter/cloud installation, Cisco FirePower, ISE, ASA Firewall, Anyconnect, p2p VPN tunnel Meraki Firewall, WhatsApp Gold and PRTG experience
Duration: 8 Months
Initial round of phone interviews with in-person interview preferred before final selection
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Hands-on experience installating and supporting datacenter and cloud infrastructure
Ability to work high-volume fast paced projects
Strong communication skills
Ability to work independently with limited supervision and prioritize workload
Technical and business writing
Cisco FirePower, ISE, CIsco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Anyconnect and p2p VPN tunnels, Meraki Firewalls, WhatsUP Gold (preferred) , PRTG.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Knowledge of higher education business processes and systems
Miscellaneous CCNA Yes 1
Networking & Directories Cisco – Firewalls Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Networking & Directories Cisco – VPN Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Networking & Directories Local Area Network (LAN) Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Protocols Firewall Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The project scope includes assisting Trident Technical College – Division of Information Technology – Infrastructure Services with the following activities:
• Setting up Firewall Rules, Upgrade and Maintain Cisco Firepower and ASA software revisions
• Set up network monitoring in PRTG and/or WhatsUP Gold
• Document Firewall and security device layouts
• Network and security monitoring
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This Network Security and Firewall Technician’s responsibilities would include, but is not limited to:
• Setting up Firewall Rules, Upgrade and Maintain Cisco Firepower and ASA software revisions.
• Set up network monitoring in PRTG and/or WhatsUP Gold.
• Document Firewall and security device layouts.
• Maintains and integrates critical cloud and on-premise services and infrastructure.
• Network and security monitoring.
• Evaluates system by system and cloud vs on-premise posture, configuration, and processes.
• Contributes to technical feasability in development of strategic plans.
• Evaluates physical and virtual infrastructure.
• Implements, monitors, and supports cybersecurity and system quality performance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: MUST HAVE AT LEAST AN ASSOCIATE’S DEGREE AND 5 YRS OF EXPERIENCE