Job ID: NC-569200 (98790806)
Network Engineer with capacity planning, Visio, WLAN, Cisco access and distribution LAN switching Experience
Location: Raleigh NC (DOT)
Duration: 12+ months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Interview: In Person
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
network availability and capacity planning experience Required 7 Years
Documentation using power point, Visio, Excel or other methods to present availability and capacity findings Required 7 Years
WLAN monitoring and troubleshooting Highly desired 4 Years
Cisco access and distribution LAN switching Highly desired 3 Years
This position is a senior network engineer, and will support the NCDOT network infrastructure for 530+ locations. This staff will be specifically tasked and responsible for evaluation and planning for site LAN/WAN capacity problems for NCDOT IT. This staff must possess prior experience evaluating, recommending, installing, administrating and operating network solutions in a large enterprise environment. This staff must have advanced experience managing wireless networks and be proficient in breaking down data to send reports to Sr. leadership. This staff should be a senior network engineer with operational experience deploying and supporting data networking in a large and complex environment. Experience with Cisco WAN and distribution LAN switching products supporting data and VOIP, as well as data center class products is desired. This staff will be part of a team of network engineers supporting a mixed environment of Cisco LAN equipment, and Meraki products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
* Extensive experience with data network capacity planning and monitoring services.
* Experience with wireless configuration and monitoring.
* Hands on senior knowledge of and experience with implementing & supporting current Cisco LAN switching products for access, distribution, core and data center solutions.
* A minimum of 10 years experience in IT including demonstrated experience in various technical disciplines.
* A minimum of 5 years experience with Cisco LAN switching products.
* Senior level knowledge of TCP/IP networking, IP subnetting, and networking technologies.
* Senior level troubleshooting skillset related to LAN and WAN technologies, such as data capture and analysis.
* Ability to professionally document proposals and as-built network solutions.
– Experience designing, implementing and supporting Cisco products in a data center and field environment.
– Experience in a data center environment using Cisco ASA firewall solutions
– Experience designing, implementing and supporting Meraki wireless products.