Job ID: UT-65139 (90090916)
Network Engineer (Cisco/Palo Alto certified) with WAP, firewalls, routers, switches, controllers, drawing, performance monitoring and security experience
Location: Salt Lake City UT (USBE)
Duration: 3 years
1. Degree Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field of study with network engineering focus preferred.
2. Certification Candidates with a Cisco or Palo Alto certified associate or professionals is preferred.
3. Network infrastructure & hardware understanding Candidate must demonstrate strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
4. Problem resolution Candidate must demonstrate success in the ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
5. Troubleshooting Network Issues Candidate must demonstrate the ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, and controllers.
6. Knowledge & Expertise in relevant technologies Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
7. Accuracy in documentation Candidate must demonstrate ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems and provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
8. Ability to learn quickly Candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar and products using documentation and internet resources.
9. Ability to work with all levels of staff Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of the IT organization.
10. Self-starter Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
We are looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, administering the Utah State Board of Education’s (USBE) on-premise, Continuity of Operations (COOP), and cloud-hosted computer networks. These networks support core infrastructure, application hosting, and client usage. Your primary duties will include configuration/maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the other USBE IT Team in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of Cisco networking hardware/software, Palo Alto firewalls, Microsoft Azure infrastructure, application transport, and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
• Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
• Coordinating computer network access and use.
• Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.