Network Engineer (CCNP) with LAN/VLAN/WAN/WLAN, NAC, SNMP, VoIP and RTLS experience
Location: Raleigh / Goldsboro, NC
Duration: 9 months
The NC Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a Technology Specialist for approximately 9 months to assist with the implementation of the IT infrastructure as designed for a new State facility in Goldsboro, NC. Hands-on experience in a broad range of IT Infrastructure including the implementation of Local Area Networking (LAN, switches, routers, servers, Voice over IP (VOIP), Network Access Control (NAC), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and Wireless LAN (WLAN). Emphasis on LAN and NAC experience; VLAN, switch configurations, posture assessment, mobile device management, endpoint security, policy assessments and remediation analysis.
The Technology Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Support the technical implementation and deployment of IT LAN and Technology infrastructure as designed by the architectural team of a new medical grade IT network/infrastructure solution.
• Review vendor installations and test (all levels) IT infrastructure components/systems (custom and COTS).
• Provide IT infrastructure/systems support and transition knowledge to operations and maintenance support staff.
• Work with the Senior Architect and other technical team members to ensure continuity of planned technologies.
• Review technical documents produced by the Vendor or other external sources.
• Perform tasks as assigned by the DHHS Project Manager and Senior Architect.
• Experience with the installation of LAN infrastructure equipment including routers and switches and configuration of VPNs and VLANs.
• Experience with the installation of Network Access Control (NAC) infrastructure and its configuration, including policy enforcements, mobile device management, intrusion prevention, and identity and access management.
• Experience in voice communications to include VOIP infrastructure installation and configuration of voice hardware to include wired and wireless telephony and unified communications.
• Strong communication and interpersonal presentation skills.
• Very comfortable with hands-on technical consultation roles and working with business clients.
• CCNP or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge and exposure to Wireless networks; Real Time Location Services (RTLS) installation, mapping and testing.
• Exp in installing and configuring file servers (rack and free standing) and installation and configuration of SNMP protocol, SNMP standards, and SNMP performance and management systems.
• Five (5) years experience as Technology Specialist.