Job ID: PA-642984 (94991230)
Network Engineer (CCNP) with CheckPoint Firewalls, LAN/WAN, Cisco Routers/Switches, Wireless AP/Controllers, ONVIF, H.264, H.265, Bosch/Pelco IP Camera, Polycom HDC/QDX video conference equipment and BGP/HSRP/NAT/VLAN/MPLS/ISDN/H.323/QoS experience
Location: Harrisburg PA (DOC)
Duration: 6 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Covid: Remote work is temporary
Extensive knowledge with configuration, maintaining and troubleshooting Check Point Firewalls (SG4600, SG4600HA) Required 5 Years
Network Engineering WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Infrastructure Required 5 Years
Cisco Certifications (CCNP) Highly desired
Exptensive network knowledge with configuration, implementation, maintaining and troubleshooting Layer 2 and 3. Required 5 Years
CISCO Routers, Switches, Wireless AP/Controllers (See Job Description for details) Required 5 Years
Extensive knowledge of video protocols (ie all versions of ONVIF, H.264 and H.265) and IP Camera Products (ie Bosch and Pelco) Required 5 Years
Knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting video conference equipment (Polycom HDC Series endpoints, Group Series endpoints, QDX Series) Required 1 Years
Knowledge of the following protocols: BGP, TCP/IP, HSRP, DHCP, DNS, NAT, VLAN, MPLS, ISDN, VPN, H.323, QoS Required 3 Years
Capable of working in IDF closets: Running cables, lifting equipment into racks, using small hand tools. Required
This position is the senior technical authority for managing, planning, designing, maintaining, and integrating local and wide area network business infrastructures, inmate network infrastructures, and video conferencing infrastructures for the Department of Corrections (DOC), the PA Board of Probation and Parole (PBPP), the Sexual Offender Assessment Board (SOAB), the Office of Victim Advocate (OVA), and the Firearm Education and Training Commission, as well as support other agencies within the Public Safety Delivery Center.
Description of Duties:
– Serve as the senior technical consultant for IP camera installations at the PA State Correctional Institutions. To include verification that work is accomplished to the established plan. Assist with configuration of the IP cameras and associated equipment.
– Serve as the senior technical consultant on all distributed systems and network configuration, design, creation and any other issue(s) including LANs, WANs, and remote video technology.
– Manage and direct all technical issues with vendors at both Central Office and remote sites regarding network infrastructure and configuration issues.
– Plan and design cabling systems and network infrastructure for all facilities including all central office locations and all field offices.
– Manage technical issues with consultants, vendors, and other outside agencies in order to provide connectivity to the LAN/WAN and remote video devices. Provide technical guidance and consultative services to networking staff and executive management on the use and capabilities of the network resources.
– Manage and configure resources to maintain connectivity between the LAN/WAN and the Commonwealth metropolitan area network (MAN).
– Manage the diagnosis and resolution of network problems and anomalies using advanced network management tools.
– Manage monitoring of network traffic and utilization patterns and take proactive action to prevent network congestion and other network problems.
– Performs related work as required.
Technical Skillsets Required
Needs to be proficient with troubleshooting, configuration, and monitoring of the following equipment and systems.
Security Devices: (Check Point)
Extensive knowledge with configuration, maintaining and troubleshooting the following firewalls.
Extensive network knowledge with configuration, implementation, maintaining and troubleshooting Layer 2 and 3.
Cisco (routing and switching)
– Cisco DNA
o CISCO2811-HSEC /K9
o CISCO2901 /K9
o 9300 series
o WS-C2960X o WS-C3560
– Wireless AP/Controllers
o Cisco 5520 wireless controller
Cisco Certifications are a plus
Knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting video conference equipment
o HDX Series endpoints
o Group Series endpoints
o QDX Series
Extensive knowledge of video protocols. For instance, all versions of ONVIF, H.264 and H.265
IP Camera Vendor (Products):
Most common camera systems in use are: Bosch, Pelco, Vivotek, and Axion
Knowledge of the following protocols
– BGP, TCP/IP, HSRP, DHCP, DNS, NAT, VLAN, MPLS, ISDN, VPN, H.323, QoS
Capable of working in IDF closets
– Running cables
– Lifting equipment into the racks
– Using small hand tools