Job ID: VA-638220 (97791015)
Location: 102 Governor Street Richmond VA (VDACS)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 2 (2/4)
Richmond candidates strongly preferred. Will start remote but candidate expected to work on site once offices safely reopen.
SKILLS /EXPERIENCE Required:
• Substantial experience developing production web business applications using Microsoft ASP.NET MVC with the Razor view engine
• Advanced skills in application development with ASP .NET Web API, and experience implementing Web API security
• Extensive skill in using C# is required, including considerable experience in object-oriented programming
• Substantial experience in .NET development using Entity Framework, web services, and SOA concepts
• Demonstrated experience utilizing secure web application development best practices
• Experience mentoring less-knowledgeable development staff
• Ability to analyze, design, implement, and maintain IT applications and databases; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; and to organize, monitor and prioritize work and projects
• Experience and knowledge using TFS 2017 for source control
• Experience working in an agile development process, particularly with Scrum
• Experience working with Oracle 12.0 or SQL Server databases
• Familiarity with IIS 8.5
• Experience developing reports using Oracle BI Publisher
DAY TO DAY
• Work with a team of developers developing ASP.NET MVC5 applications according to architecture and design specifications to develop applications and application components to deliver line-of-business functionality for both internal VDACS users and citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
• Develop web APIs to support application components in support of ASP.NET MVC applications.
• Mentor programmers new to the ASP.NET programming environment.