.Net Web Developer/Architect with C#, JavaScript, SQL, Cloud, Agile, Git, RESTful, CI/CD, Reactive UI, Azure, TDD and Asynchronous Programming Pattern experience

Job ID: UT-70192 (90090406)

.Net Web Developer/Architect with C#, JavaScript, SQL, Cloud, Agile, Git, RESTful, CI/CD, Reactive UI, Azure, TDD and Asynchronous Programming Pattern experience

Location: Salt Lake City (UT) client: Utah State Board of Education (USBE)
Duration: 3 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Interview: In-person or webcam/phone

Requirements:
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or experience
• 10+ years’ experience as a software engineer with increasing levels of responsibility and 5+ years as a senior or principal engineer
• Demonstrated expertise in .NET Core
• Demonstrated expertise with Event Driven Architecture
• Demonstrated experience with Reactive UI Development methodologies
• Demonstrated expertise in microservices architecture
• Demonstrated expertise in cloud-based environments, i.e., developing and deploying using Microsoft Azure
• Demonstrated experience with Test Drive Development
• Demonstrated experience working with Agile methodologies
• Demonstrated experience implementing CI/CD strategies
• Ability to mentor less experienced engineers
• Troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative organization

Summary:
The Utah State Board of Education (USBE) is working on a comprehensive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems, referred to as the Utah Schools Information Management System (USIMS). Working for the USBE is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best-of-breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base and associated reporting applications and reports. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have demonstrated experience as a senior technologist and mentor in the .NET Core environment.

Responsibilities:
• Partners with the Chief Architect on technology solutions to strategic technical and product objectives
• Works closely with the lead software engineer
• Collaborates with Chief Architect, development teams, and Product Owners to ensure technology solutions fulfill program objectives
• Supports the Identification of technologies for Proofs of Concept, when directed leads execution of the POCs, and makes recommendations to Chief Architect
• Provides leadership and mentoring to program development teams
• Implements architecturally significant parts of the system to enable efficient work by the development teams
• As requested, researches new technologies that may provide value to the program
• Collaborates with project team members (operations, engineering & product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
• Participates in multi-person and multi-team projects to produce clean, efficient, self-documenting and testable code based on user story acceptance criteria
• Collaborates with the team by reviewing code, writing documentation, participating in retrospectives and refining best practices
• Works in an Agile environment that encourages incorporating user feedback and making improvements
• Integrates third-party software components as required
• Contributes to enterprise-wide tooling to streamline development and deployment processes

SCORING CRITERIA
Technical
10.5% – Degree
5.3% – Web Development Experience
5.3% – C# Experience
8.8% – Unit Test Writing Experience
5.3% – JavaScript Framework Experience
5.3% – Relational Database and SQL Experience
10.5% – Cloud-based Environment Experience (preference)
8.8% – Agile Methodology Experience
10.5% – Git Flow Source Control Methodology Experience
5.3% – RESTful API Experience
8.8% – Asynchronous Programming Patterns Experience
5.3% – Understanding of CI/C
10.5% – Troubleshooting Skills
Technical score counts to 70% of overall score with the remaining 30% of score based on vendor bid rate.

E-RTR.doc

Response Form (2)

Leave a Reply