Job ID: PA-643038 (98391228)
Location: Harrisburg, PA (PDA)
Duration: 6+ months 37.5 hrs/week
Required / Desired Skills :
Development of Information Technology solutions Required 7 Years
Microsoft SQL 2012 or newer Required 7 Years
C#.NET Required 7 Years
ASP.NET 3.5 or greater with MVC Required 7 Years
ASP.NET CORE MVC Required 3 Years
Visual Studio 2017 or newer Required 3 Years
Azure DevOps Required
This candidate is responsible for designing, coding and modifying existing websites and web applications for the Bureau of Animal Health and Diagnostic Services from layout to function according to a client’s specifications. This developer will provide support for existing systems and will work closely with customers and software architects to design solutions that satisfy both business and technical requirements while employing best practices.
The candidate should be able to design and create database tables and structures, database views, functions and stored procedures, while maintaining data quality and security.
• Development of Information Technology solutions 7+
• Microsoft SQL 2012 or newer – 7+ years
• C#.NET – 7+ Years
• ASP.NET 3.5 or greater with MVC – 7+ Years
• ASP.NET CORE MVC – 3+ years
• Visual Studio 2017 or newer – 3+ Years
• Azure DevOps
• Design a SQL database, tables, views. Write database functions and stored procedures.
• Participates in structured code reviews / walkthroughs.
• Executes all required process steps.
• Creates and provide content for operational documentation to Technical Writers.
• Utilizes configuration management tools, design tools, debugging tools, and any other
• environment specific tools necessary to create, test, and implement an application.
• Work in an agile team environment.
• Manage and complete assigned tasks in Azure DevOps
• Strong communication skills; both written and spoken
• All positions are onsite positions. The remote work is to be considered temporary, due to the Coronavirus. All positions are required to report on site at the Rachel Carson State Office Building or the Department of Agriculture immediately if/when restrictions are lifted.
• All positions will have a 37.5 hour work week. Overtime is not permitted without prior permission from the Delivery Center Chief Information Officer, Tom Diecidue.
• The Conservation and Delivery Center requires resources to reside within 100 miles of the worksite for the following reasons:
o They will be required to report onsite on or before the agreed upon start date to receive a computer/laptop and other essential items.
o They may be required to be onsite for emergencies and/or any other unexpected issues that may arise.